Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A VISIT TO THE DENTIST

This morning Spencer and I had dentist appointments and had Malia tag along with us - as she has in the past. We used to get our teeth cleaned at the same time, but since Malia has been with us we've always had one of us out in the waiting room with her. But, today was a little different. They were ready for Spencer before I was done. I heard him and Malia go into the room next to me and wondered how well she would behave while they finished up with me. This girl is not afraid to wander and I was concerned that she might take off and become a serious distraction.

As soon as I was done I headed straight to where the kids were, and this was the scene that greeted me ...


That's right. Spencer was in the typical laid-back position getting his teeth cleaned with Malia laying on his chest watching - intently - every move being made.


She was laying so still and quiet. Not the least bit distracting ... except for her hot breath on Spencer's chin and the sensation that someone was staring at him.


Since Malia seemed so interested and comfortable in her surroundings, we all thought it would be a great idea to get her into the chair. Here she is sitting so still as Dr. B counts her teeth: 20!


Here's our little patient back home showing off her special prizes from the dentist's office: her green bracelet and red toothbrush.


I'm so thankful our dentist and her staff are so laid back and ready to go with the flow. And, that I happened to have my camera out in the van! I think this is great proof that our dentist's office is GREAT with kids!!!

3 comments:

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

that is awesome! who is your dentist?

Travis Naughton said...

Darn that girl is cute. And Spencer is a great big-brother. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Cindy said...

Spencer is so good with her. This is so cute. I am so glad you have your camera in the car. You need a small one like I have to carry in your purse. She is adorable. So much fun. Spency is an excellent big brother. Love ya all