Sunday, July 4, 2010

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

After a good morning at church and a productive afternoon getting some things done in the yard, we headed out to Rick's sister's house for swimming and fireworks.


Malia LOVES the water. She's fearless (on so many levels). It takes her no time at all to be comfortable jumping off the side of the pool into someone's arms.






Just look at the freedom-filled jump!


However, her "I dood it myself" attitude can cause some problems since she doesn't know how to swim. Towards the end of our swim time she jumped into the water without anyone to catch her. Fortunately, Rick was right there at the pool's edge to pull her out. Needless to day, I'll be calling for swim lessons really soon!

But now on to more happier moments from the afternoon ...




After drying off and getting dressed, we got ready for fireworks. While the adults got themselves organized, Luke and Malia did some snappy-thingys on the porch. I loved doing these things when I was a kid!


I love this next picture. It truly shows Malia's love for life and the joy she gets in the simple things ('cause let's face it, we can't afford big fireworks!).


Here she is applauding the latest shower of fireworks.


Enjoying the show!




This year we let Spencer light a few of the fireworks - the Dad's can't have all the fun! He had a good time (while his mother held her breath each time he lit one) and appreciated the opportunity to act like one of the grown ups.


As the evening grew to a close, I tried to get a picture of my kiddos together. Luke wanted in on things and jumped into the picture - little goofball!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!


GOD BLESS THE USA!

No comments: