Thursday, June 18, 2009

VBS WEEK

Rome and the Underground Church - that's where we've been this week. What fun to have Malia there with us this year. Her first VBS. Although there were many fun activities, Malia had her own agenda and pretty much did her own thing.

SUNDAY
Here she is during her very first encounter with a horse. She liked him. This girl just isn't intimidated by much at all. She even gave his nose a nice pet.


And, of course, she played in the rocks.



MONDAY
More with the rocks.


Here she is with a piece of "aquaduct".


The kids had a great time playing a game where they would line up and each hold a piece of this half-tube. The leader would place a tennis ball (which represented water) in the first tube and the kids had to hold their half-tube so that the ball would role along the tubes and into a basket. Once they got that down, they'd move the basket further away so that the first people in line would have to race to the end of the line to keep the ball rolling through the half-tubes and into the basket. Malia loved watching and was feeling pretty good to have gotten her hands on one of the half-tubes.


TUESDAY
Here are my two favorite kids in the whole wide world. Spencer helped with the games all week, along with watching Malia when I was busy doing my part. During some free time, Spencer drew up this picture on a paper plate for his mei mei (little sister). Impressive!


I was in charge of the music time, which was called "Extollo" which means "praise." So, I was in the sanctuary a lot. Malia loved getting up on stage and even had fun singing into the microphone a few times. She's such a ham and loves getting lots of attention. Here she is leaning on an amp as she was dancing around on stage.


Here she was dancing and running around with one of the sashes (each child got one of these sashes to wear and keep). Look at that look on her face. It seems to be a cross between self-confidence and "I'm going to do what I want to do and you can't stop me." Of course, she then ran into the pew because she wasn't watching where she was going. This girl is a handful (and we love it).


WEDNESDAY
Once again, the good weather allowed us to be outside a lot ... and once again you could find Malia playing in the rocks.


She and Daddy even found a little toad in the parking lot.


Look at the beads, Grandma Wagoner. Do they look familiar? She just had to wear them tonight.

And next, we have Malia wearing her victory wreath.


THURSDAY
Our last night! Malia loved the Toga Shop and dressing up in all the fun accessories. As I stated before, the girl is a ham.



4 comments:

Nicole said...

I really enjoyed watching her dress up in the toga shop. She seemed to have a blast trying on all the stuff with Susie. SO CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun week for all. It sure looks like Miss Malia had a great time! She is just sooo cute! Of course, grandma is a little prejudice about that. :)
Love & hugs,
Mom & Grandma R

a little leprechaun said...

Too cute!! I see that she likes to stay as busy as Katie!! Can't wait to get them back together!!!

Have a wonderful week!
Terri

the drakes said...

I think I see some great Halloween costume ideas here! My favorite would be "Aquaduct Girl"!