Thursday, November 6, 2008

TENGWANG PAVILLION & MORE SIGHTS FROM CHINA

Today we were blessed to have the opportunity to visit a very historical sight in Malia's province, TengWang Pavillion. This structure was massive in height, encompassing six floors, and is actually the 29th reconstruction (it has been destroyed twenty eight times).









As we climbed the stairs to the pavillion, we were able to take in this beautiful scenery.











We went to the sixth floor first to see a small show. Our guides shared what the show was about, but we couldn't hear and missed their explanation of what we would see. Nonetheless, we enjoyed the show that had singing, dancing and musical instruments.









My favorite part of the pavillion came when we ran across a photo area that is similar to the types that take Old West or Victorian-like pictures. Here is a picture of our picture. It was so much fun, but Malia was tired and not enjoying the dress up.



The middle floors of the pavillion had gift shop areas. I've wanted to purchase some special gifts for Malia that come from her birth place, and today we bought a fan that has a picture of the famous TengWang Pavillion (the box itself is beautiful), a doll, and some nesting figures (I was thinking of you, Dad).



Spencer loves dragons and found this pendant, which has his name etched onto the back by the salesperson. Only he put "SPENCES" ... woops!



This evening after supper, as a special treat, we were given the opportunity to visit a fountain show. It was rainy and cold, but the show was spectacular and included music. Rick got video of it and Spencer took pictures. Here are a couple good shots.




Here are some other sights we snapped as we were out and about today.

















But, here are the most precious sights in China these days ...









Now that we have some documents back from the Notary's Office, tomorrow afternoon we proceed with adoption paperwork - filling out Malia's visa application. We'll also be venturing back to Pedestrian Road to purchase an additional suitcase. There's no way we're fitting all that porcelain into the suitcases we have. Our guide, Elsie, thinks it's funny that we need another suitcase already. But in our defense, we were packed full on the way here to China with no extra room!

12 comments:

Winter said...

Checking your blog is one of my favorite times of day! I love to see what you have been up to and it looks like you are seeing such beautiful things. Continue enjoying every moment, as I know you are!

Anonymous said...

It looks like she has already found Daddy's credit card. :)I love checking out the blog everyday (first thing when I get to work) We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to see you all when you get home :) Christine

Anonymous said...

I, too, love the blog first thing in the mornings and was so disappointed when it hadn't changed this morning. It's like Christmas morning for me each day to open it and see something fantastic! I wasn't disappointed for long though.....Jennifer, you have missed your true calling and that is photography!! You are doing such a great job taking the best pictures! I'm so ready to pack my bags and catch the next plane to China to see some of these fabulous buildings and the beauty of this country. Chinese know how to build, don't they??

Malia is getting prettier everyday too. Just love the bands in her hair. I can see her little personality showing through the pictures. How blessed you are to have such wonderful surroundings around you right now.

Love the dress up photo too! Miss Malia....you will soon come to realize that you need to have a sense of humor to be in this wacky family of yours!! :) Enjoy....

Anonymous said...

The Coopers,
Wow, the pictures are wonderful. Malia looks so happy with Ricks wallet in her hands! If you get a minute check out Megan & Dan's blog! Referrals are here! I haven't seen any thing past the 17 yet. Although they are saying the 20th, I am a little skeptical. What an experience. Malia looks so relaxed and I am glade she is eating!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

LOVE that she has already found Daddy's wallet and credit card! Keep her stocked on that, Rick and she'll always be a Daddy's girl with that big smile!!!

You are visiting some very beautiful areas. I love the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having a great time. I have really enjoyed looking at the pictures.
Continue to have a safe trip!
Lou Lawson

Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having so much fun now that your family is complete! What a beautiful place to go sightseeing.

Anonymous said...

Rick,
Malia looks so happy to have your wallet. She's a very smart girl!!! She's already learned who wont be able to say no to such a little cutie. LOL LOL!!!!
She's very lucky to have such a wonderful and loving family like you guys.

GmaDebbie said...

Aaauuugh! She is getting even cuter as you all get familiar with each other. She really looks like a happy girl. I love that pouty look she has in the picture with Rick!

I'm with Shoegirl...I'd love to pack my bags and come there! What a difference from corn county. LOL

You're doing a great job with the photos. I'm sure your Dad is proud! Right Dad?

Hi to Rick, Spencer and the Moms.

Anonymous said...

I am having such fun sharing this trip with you. Thank you for letting us all in.
Love to you all,
Kristin

a little leprechaun said...

It's so funny, because I was right there with you, but your camera really can 'capture' the shot. Love it!!

Hope your day is going well!
Big Hugs!

LaLa said...

Love all the pics..she is so beautiful!!

yeah, suitcase already..most of the shopping is in GZ so watch out