This morning we took a walk down to Pedestrian Road, which is a long street of shops where no cars are allowed, only pedestrians. Thus the name, I guess.

Now, you might think walking the streets is an easy task, but take a look at the intersections we have to cross (a view from our hotel room) ...
Here's our first glimpse of Pedestrian Road ...
And a few more views ...




It was on this road where I first saw a little one using the convenience of their split pants ... a little boy being held by a man just peeing on the road. I've read stories, but finally saw with my own two eyes.
Rick was excited to see a Nike store. I wanted to take another picture, but was asked not to by one of the store workers.

Jim and Susie, if you ever visit this area, here is the place to go if you're craving a thick, juicy "am-bu-ger."

Oooohhh, and in case anyone's interested, Valentino's is having a nice sale today.

Here are the Grandma's with their sweet Malia. They are both having a very hard time not picking her up and kissing her all over. We so appreciate their patience with us!

We got many stares on our trip today. People are very curious and so very friendly. No "clothing police" yet.

Notice Malia crying in the above picture. She's been rather temperamental and doesn't like anyone but Daddy - and sometimes Mommy and Spencer - touching her.

And Dad, just in case you were wondering ... Mom's been shmoozing the locals here as well. I guess it spans the globe!

On our way back to the hotel, we decided to make a stop at the local grocery store where Rick ventured to our first day here.

It started off looking rather normal ...

They even have a beautiful produce section ...

But this is the view that led me to believe that "we weren't in Kansas anymore" ...

And then it got REALLY different. Snout, anyone?

Or maybe some intestine?

??????!!!

Then onto the seafood section, we have FRESH squid ...

Fish and crab ...

More fish, something that curls up and frog on ice ...

Kyle W., this ones for you. How about some REAL jerky?

Needless to say, we'd lost our appetite by the time we got back to the hotel.




4 comments:
These pics are great...I was going to have breakfast but maybe I'll wait!!
I bet it is so very hard on the grandmas!! Maybe if they are really good, they'll get a chance at her before she comes home!!!! My mom went with us both times. We did let her hold our girls, but we made sure we were the primary caretakers, (for bonding purposes for those who not familiar with adoptions).
Don't ya love all the fish and the smells that come with it???? Try to find some fish jerkey (in Taiwan they call it candy!)
YUMMY!!! : ) Eating my breakfast now but it isn't nearly as interesting as that!
Ok, so the picture that you labeled ???? I believe to be chicken feet. Why do I think this, because growing up with a dad who did a lot of traveling to oriental countries for work I have come accustomed to seeing these things as well as being coarsed to try them. NO way No how, not then or now!!!!
Madis-Anne so enjoys looking at pictures of Malia and gave a thumb sucking smile to the one where Malia is sucking her thumb. Aren't they just going to be so cute walking around with their thumbs in their mouths smiling at everyone. Hey my grandma was thinking that she may have not liked her bath because maybe they didn't give baths, maybe she has had sponge baths. So, I was wondering is this something that you know of how they do it at the orphanage? I thought it was a valid point, but I told her I wasn't sure. I am so enjoying the pictures and have saved so many on my computer, makes for a refreshing screen saver slide show. I will continue to look forward to more. Enjoy your food! :)
Post a Comment