Wednesday, November 5, 2008

GUESS WHO'S STARTING TO STROLL AROUND ...




Miss M is really starting to take off (no pun intended). Her true personality is shining through more and more each day. She is a happy baby. She LOVES peek-a-boo, which makes her smile and giggle. She's starting to jabber a lot and sometimes appears to crack herself up. She's started blowing spit bubbles and clicks her tongue. When she's tired she sucks her thumb and rubs her hair. She doesn't mind screaming if she's tired and frustrated or when you're not feeding her fast enough (like between bites you take yourself). She's very active - a real squirmy-wormy. (Shelby, I appreciate your wishes that she'll sit still better than Grace, but I don't see that happening. I can barely change her diaper without it developing into a wrestling match. Maybe we can share tips if we find a method that works!) She's independent, but loves to snuggle (an answered prayer!!!). She is very tall and skinny (another Cassidy!). In fact, every single item of clothing we brought with feet in them do not fit her long body - including the bear suit we brought as her coat. Her feet are so long they don't fit in the shoes we brought (size 3), so we bought new ones yesterday at Pedestrian Road. Aren't they cute?




She's still temperamental around people, but is bonding well with Rick and me. Although right now, no one makes her light up more than her Daddy. Oooh the smile he puts on her face!!! Once we establish ourselves as her main caretakers, we'll be passing her around to others as she'll allow. Trish, I cannot wait for her first Hart Kitefly Reunion!!! But I must admit that it brings tears to my eyes to know that Uncle Fred will not be there to welcome her to her first one.

She seems to be right on target for many of the large motor skills. Her crawling isn't the greatest, but she gets to where she wants to go. She's able to feed herself a little, but gets very frustrated when she can't get that last piece into her mouth because it's too far in her grasp. She makes amazing eye contact when we feed her bottles - so important for bonding!!!! We talk and sing and she just seems to take it all in. She even giggles sometimes. I had mentioned in an earlier post that she wasn't taking her bottles, but since I've enlarged the holes in the nipples she's been chugging them down. Yesterday morning we started with only two ounces since prior to enlarging the nipples we were wasting a lot of formula because she wouldn't drink it. I think it took her four gulps and it was gone and she was crying for more. Rick fixed another four ounces, which were gone in no time, and then another six, which she drank. That was twelve ounces!!! And her belly was sooooo full.

She has several Mongolian spots that we will need to get documented by a doctor (so they are not mistaken for bruises/abuse). And, she's been so very healthy - not even a runny nose (I hope I haven't just jinxed us!!!).

Thank you to everyone who is praying for Malia and our family! Your prayers are cherished and treasured ... and working!!! I'm convinced that we would not be doing so well if it were not for the prayer warriors constantly lifting us in prayer. God bless you!!! And please keep the prayers coming!

3 comments:

pootiepie said...

Love the shoes, but I love Mailia's smile even more. :-) What a beauty!!! - Susan

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Cute shoes for a cute girl!! I have a feeling she will have lots of cute things in the future because it is sooooo fun to shop for little girls!! Even Daddy's can't resist shopping for them :)

We thought she looked very long in the pictures!!! So, what size is she wearing?

Alea has several Mongolian spots as well. They are all documented, but we still have to try to remember to tell caretakers at church :) They are all on her bottom and one day Braylen and she were taking a bath and Alea kept standing up and finally Braylen said, "Hey, you little blue bottom, you sit down!!" We didn't even know she had noticed! It was so funny and still is :)

Oh, Malia, get a established with Mommy and Daddy really soon because so many are anxious to get our hands on you!!!

Anonymous said...

OH JEN!
That sweet little girl is going to be the belle of the ball, Uncle Fred will be smiling down on all of us. I can't wait to see you all!
You all look so happy tell everyone hello and give auntie peg _ _ _ s a kiss from me.... love ya auntie ; ) Be Safe looking forward to your safe return home.
trish ; )