Here's the little store where we shopped ...
And here's Rick with all our loot ...
Rick loves Chinese spoons and we found this beautiful bowl and saucer set with spoons ...
Spencer found this gorgeous dragon tea set ...
And we got Malia this tea set with little girls on it to represent all the children of her orphanage ...
Look at the boxes they come in - they are beautiful themselves ...
Then we headed to Renmin Park, which is a very popular park in Nanchang. Many of the locals come to this park, including elderly people who gather to do tai chi. Unfortunately, it has been a very wet and rainy day here in Nanchang, so not many people were out. However, the soft rain made for a very relaxing and peaceful day. We did run into several locals playing mahjong. Enjoy the pictures!
Dad, Mom and I were thinking of you today and how much you would have loved taking pictures here. You would have gotten some great shots! Hope we made you proud!
Here's the bus we were in today. This is the smaller of the two buses that haul us seventeen families around.

Rick and I sat right behind the driver and got to see up close and personal how the experienced drivers navigate this traffic. Let me just say that several times I caught myself pushing my feet into the floor of the bus trying to will the driver to brake!
And we're not sure what this guy is guarding, but we're betting he's glad there was a box to stand in on this rainy day.
We were talking to Sally, one of our guides, about the traffic. We've noticed that even though Nanchang is a very poor area, all the cars are very modern and new looking - we've even seen a Porche and Hummer! She commented that less than ten percent of people in Nanchang own vehicles. And man, there are a lot of vehicles on these streets!




















5 comments:
I love the tea set for Malia! It's beautiful!! I'm glad you are having a great time site seeing! It's nice to see Jenn holding Malia in these recent pictures!!
Hendersons are in Taiwan and they have Avery. They updated their blog, but no pictures yet. They aren't having luck getting them on the computer. I gave them a few hints--hopefully we'll see some soon. Dan didn't get his lugguge in Taipai!!! He is w/o clothing until Friday (Oh, no!!!)
This is one of the most thrilling weeks for Brad and I as we get to "experience" what changed our lives and impacted us to start an orphan care ministry here in Wabash. We have prayed so fervantly for you and Hendersons and now the time has come to rejoice!!!!! I cannot wait to meet Malia! What a blessing she is to all who have prayed and waited and longed for her!
Such beautiful photos!!! Thanks for sharing them with those of us still waiting! - Susan
What beauty to behold this morning! Such awesome pictures of a beautiful family and country.
It thrills my heart that you are having a good vacation and that Malia is doing so well. Can't wait to see her shining little personality for myself. What a cutie!
The tea set for Malia is gorgeous!!! I know what you mean about the boxes..I couldn't throw any of mine away : )
I am glad she is doing so well and isn't sick. what a blessing that is!
I got an email from our neighbors (finally) last night and saw their daughter..so cute. Hope you get to see them once you get to Guangzhou!
Enjoy!!
The Coopers
Thank you so much for the travel information. Wow your pictures are breathtaking. My favorite has to be the one of the four of you on the bridge. Did you catch that I said " The four of you." I love seeing you with a pink blanket and just a smidgen of Malia's head peaking out. Your wait has finally come to an end. What a miracle.
Spencer's tea set is very cool Isaac would love it, Malai's tea set is so sweet. Bring on the girly things! I'm glad Spencer is doing well. I have been wondering about him.I have the same fear for Isaac. We are now reading that referral are landing in Europe and the most likely cut off date is the 20th. Be safe and enjoy! Love Tonya
Post a Comment