She's done really well despite these life-changing circumstances. She has a raspy little cry, which is so sweet, and we've gotten a few giggles.
She's a wiggle-worm and likes to kick her feet. No wonder her report says she sometimes "kick bed creaking." Notice the missing sock in the above picture. She has teeth! Four on top and two on bottom. And look at that hair!!! The bows and barrettes are calling. She's a thumb-sucker. Nicole, she sucks her thumb with her fingers on her nose just like Madis-Anne!! You do remember my prayer, right?
Tonya, she came in split pants, but with a diaper (thank goodness)! I can't wait for you to walk through this part of the journey! It is so amazing!!!
She hasn't eaten yet, is very sleepy, but won't fall asleep for the life of her. (Well, okay, she just fell asleep laying beside her Daddy. But, it took awhile!)
Lord, we are most thankful for this amazing child and for the gift of parenthood. May we follow Your guidance to raise our two wonderful children in a way that glorifies Your goodness.
Thank you everyone for your prayers. They have meant so much and have made this day so wonderful. We'll post more later!!
Dana, Lily is doing great! I can't wait for you to finally hold her. Brian and Kelly said you got to talk with her and see her. She is absolutely beautiful!




30 comments:
Congrats! Your family is beautiful! Malia is gorgeous!
WOW!!! She is even prettier than her pictures and what a wonderful smile. God has truly answered your prayers in keeping her safe and making the adjustment easy. Can't wait to see more pictures of her. I know that those 2 grandmas must be beaming from ear to ear!! Tell Peggy that we miss her a lot already! Congratulations again on your beautiful miracle.
I am in tears...I can't imagine your joy. She is absolutly beautiful and looks like is taking to you all (which I know has been prayed for constantly) I woke up at 1 am and again at 5am thinking of you and had to restain myself from getting out of bed to check on you guys!! Just praise the Lord it is a GOOD day!
She is just precious!!! I am so thrilled for your family. Congratulations!!!
- Susan
The Coopers
Wow, I am almost speachless. We prayed and thought of you all evening and most of the night. She looks so happy. I had been praying the transition would go easy for her. What a beautiful baby. All I can say is God is amazing and you have been so blessed with two wonderful children! I can't wait to see more pictures and hear the hole story. Still praying for you.
WONDERFUL!!! What a beautiful smile she has! Enjoy the rest of your trip - we can't wait to meet her!
That smile lights up the room!!! So happy for you and can't wait to see and hear more!!!
What A Beauty!!
God is so good, He has given us an extra hour this morning just to drool over these precious pictures on a Sunday morning to boot!!
There are no words for the glimpse into this wonderful day you have just experienced.
Love to all....
How cute is she!!!! Madi gave a giggle when she found about the thumb sucking. I can't wait to meet her. Rodney said she looks happy. We are excited for you guys and will keep up the prayers. We also look forward to more posts and lots of pictures. Ok, I really look forward to lots of pictures since I'm a picture fanatic. I feel a quilt coming on for your precious little girl! Love you guys!
congratulations!!! She is beautiful. I couldn't sleep last night and just laid in bed praying for you and thanking God that you had Malia. OH HOW EXCITING! Bless you all! :) :)
I had goosebumps when I saw the pictures. We are so happy for all of you. She is precious!! You are truly blessed.
The Butchers
(Friends of Brian and Tonya's)
Congratulations to you all! What a cutie Malia is. We hope to meet Malia someday when we are visiting grandma Peggy and grandpa Dewey. (I,LeeAnn, am part of Peggy's Ya Ya girlfriend group) What a blessing God has bestowed upon your family and into the life of Malia.
LeeAnn and Scott Garrett
I thank God for his wonderful blessing of Malia in your life. What a testimony of prayer and faith. She is beautiful!! I will continue to pray for a blessed adjustment period as well as a safe return back home. -Rodney
OH CONGRATS!!!
YOU ALL LOOK SO HAPPY!
SHES BEAUTIFUL JEN!
I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL!
All MY LOVE!
trish ; )
BEAUTIFUL...it sums it all up. Malia is beautiful, your family is beautiful, adoption is beautiful. We have waited a very long time for this moment and now it is here. What a beautiful miracle you are a part of. Enjoy it all. We will continue to pray for sweet bonding and adjustments. She looks like she is doing extremely well and I just love seeing her with her Daddy! Rick, I think she's already got you wrapped around her little finger!!! Just where you should be :) And we noticed that Spencer can't seem to wipe the smile off his face either!! Love you guys!!!
She's beautiful!! She has such a cute smile, she looks like she'll keep you on your toes :-) Love the pictures!!!
Here is a sample of our church service today....
Me....I had pictures in hand to show to all who hadn't seen your beautiful family - mainly the little kids in Faith Village. Pastor Jim comes down to show us HIS pictures that he printed off that were LARGER than mine....and Debbie R. comes in with her laptop which can certainly outdo both mine AND Jim's pictures.....I told Jim it's like we were a bunch of proud Grandparents with pictures of our first grandchild!!! We were all so ridiculously proud of our newest member. And then the special introduction on the Power Point to all our church family....complete with Ooohs and Ahhh's and applause afterwards. We are all so happy for you and can't wait to have you back with us.
Would love to hear Spencer and Rick's take on this special day, along with the Grandma's!!! I can tell there were many tears of joy flowing. Congratulations once again!
Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! I can't wait to see more pictures of your beautiful family. Amazing, amazing, amazing!
With love to you all,
Kristin
She's a miracle! Our God is an awesome God! This is so exciting. Shoegirl's post is hilarious! Enjoy your first family vacation! Will be anxious for your safe return and more postings.
Jimmy and Hazel
She is too adorable! You guys have waited such a long time but she is worth it!
Robin
Oh Jen, she is so beautiful! I saw that first pic and was a little sad and was hoping she wouldn't cry your first whole day. But then I saw the rest of the pics and was so happy! You cannot believe how much excitement, tears and joy you have caused today with this post. I'm so happy that you are able to send back all this information so we can share it with you.
J R says it looks like Malia is already posing for the camera.
Enjoy your new daughter and your family vacation. We miss you.
I was awake all night praying for you guys (apparently along with everyone else)! Church was quite fun this morning, with the news and pictures! Just wait until you are all here in person!! Malia has the best smile and you all look so content. We couldn't be happier for you. What a wonderful blessing!
Congratulations! She is GORGEOUS! I'm so happy for you.
Congrats!! I'm so happy that you finally have your beautiful daughter in your arms. I love the picture of all of you when she is missing a sock. You all look so happy.
Oh my! I gasped when I saw you all together! Just beautiful. So glad that you could get a few smiles and giggles out of her. You all are in my thoughts and prayers as you work on trust and bonding.
Congratulations! I feel so much love just looking at the pictures. Malia is lucky to be in your family! Enjoy the rest of your trip in China. I look forward to meet Malia soon.
Di (Teacher of Chinese class)
I'm a stranger to you but a friend to Carrie, and even though I don't know you, I've been excited for you! She's beautiful and you sound so happy!
Congrats! She's adorable!
Jen, thanks for leaving me a comment. That means so much! I have gotten to see some pictures and video of Lily. So funny they dressed all the babies alike! Malia is beautiful! I love the pic of the 4 of you where she is smiling.
Dana
She is beautiful! Congratulations!`
Post a Comment