Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WOOHOO!!!

What a day, what a day!

First, I had the pain-staking task of mailing out our precious passports - a mere three weeks before we are to travel! I think I made the young FedEx man that was helping me a little nervous. I had about four pages of instructions from our courier to weed through as I tried to tell him how I needed to send our documents. He said he was going to have to ask his boss. Bless his heart! So out came Mr. Boss who, I think, could sense my "slight" tension at having to send these documents out. He was very kind and very helpful. In fact he seemed to know what I needed better than I could read what I needed. As we finished up his last words were, "We'll take good care of them." How very kind of him to try and comfort me in my time of distress. I still sent up a prayer as I headed out the door.

Then, on my way back to the office Rick called my cell to let me know we'd recieved an email from our agency with (... insert drumroll ...) our confirmed Consulate Appointment date! Woohoo!!! We now have a finalized itinerary, were able to start purchasing airline tickets, and our agency is currently working on all our in-China travel arrangements!

Now, before I get into our detailed intinerary, I want to send out an apology to Kristin and Kristin ... the best routes/prices for international travel have us leaving and returning through Fort Wayne, not Indy. You can blame it on North West Airlines who make one way tickets three times more expensive than round trip. Sorry, girls!!!!

Here is our itinerary:
Wed - October 29 - Leave Fort Wayne
Thu - October 30 - Air time
Fri - October 31 - Arrive in Beijing
Sat - November 1 - Sightseeing in Beijing
Sun - November 2 - Fly to Nanchang, possibly get Malia in PM
Mon - November 3 - Get Malia or begin adoption paperwork
Tue thru Fri - Nov. 4 thru 7 - Adoption paperwork & sightseeing
Sat - November 8 - Fly to Guangzhou
Sun - November 9 - Free day (can you say Shopping!?!)
Mon - November 10 - Malia's medical exam
Tue - November 11 - Free day (Holiday for US Consulate)
Wed - November 12 - Free day
Thu - November 13 - Consulate Appointment
Fri - November 14 - Take oath at Consulate and get Malia's visa
Sat - November 15 - Return home

Three weeks from tomorrow I hope to be making our last post from the US before heading out to catch our long awaited flight to Malia. We're coming, sweet girl ... very soon!

8 comments:

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!!!! YIPPEEE!!! That is so exciting, I got goose bumps reading your post :-) I'm ecstatic for you!!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Yippee, yay, yay!!! Woo-hoo, shouting praise to our Almighty!! We are so happy for you!!! Can't wait to see you on Friday. LOVE the new blog look :)

LaLa said...

YAY>>YAY

My guess is you WILL get her on Sunday night. The families in our group who went to Jiangxi did...they do it at the hotel so Sun isn't an issue..we had to wait until Monday morning.

I am sooooooo excited for you. I will have to call my neighbors now...can you believe you may meet people who live just down the street from me in Beijing?? How crazy is that!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!!

It is such a joy to read about your long awaited travel plans. It's finally coming to an end and we will all get to see this precious little china doll very soon!!

I was thinking back to our Women's Retreat back in April - 6 months ago. I never would have guessed you would still be waiting this long to get your little girl. How you have endured these 3 years is beyond my comprehension.

21 days and counting and she's all yours.....Finally!!!

Congratulations and Big Hugs.

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

LOVE THE NEW BLOG LOOK!!

Winter said...

Holy Moly....she's almost here!!! How can you even focus to do anything...I think all I could do if I were you is daydream about holding Malia.
I love the new look...how do you change it?

Mardi said...

thank you for your response on the CHI group page. I am so excited for you! You are just days away from holding your daughter! I look forward to following your journey to her through your blog :) congratulations!

LaLa said...

Hey girl...their last name starts with G. Jenny is from China and of course speaks fluent Mandarin so that will be nice : )