We received some very special pieces in the mail today. We decided to go through Brian Stuy of Research China to get Malia's finding ad. It was a little pricy, but something I already love having. Our package included one blown up picture and negative of Malia's finding ad and the actual newspaper it was found in. The translation said the paper is dated March 10, 2008, which makes her less than three months old in the picture. And yes, we can tell it's her. Her hair is almost exactly the same! She had lots of hair when she was born - just like Spencer.
I love finding those bits and pieces of Malia's past and pray that we will be able to find out more in the future. I trust that God will reveal whatever it is He wants us to know and in His almighty perfect timing.
I took some time this evening to look at all 135 pictures in the finding ad section of the newspaper - yes, 135 children! Some children stared blankly at the camera, many were sleeping infants, one precious beauty was smiling, and a few expressions of sorrow broke my heart. Two children were older and I couldn't help but wonder about their story and what brought them to the place to have their pictures in the newspaper.
*****************
My Sweet Malia,
I am truly sad that you will not be growing up with your birth family. But I know we already love you so much - and we haven't even met in person yet - that you couldn't be more our own in our hearts and minds. I often wonder what led up to that moment when you were no longer with your birth family. The moment that led to where you are now. I wish I had information about your birth parents to share with you, but most likely we won't ever know anything. But, as you look into the mirror and see your beautiful reflection, know that you are seeing bits and pieces of two people that gave you life - two people for which I am truly grateful and will most likely never be able to thank in person.
As we come into the season of thanksgiving, I am reminded of a thought that floated into my head on Thanksgiving morning of last year - a mere few weeks before you were born. I was getting ready for the day standing in front of the mirror curling my hair, praying for you and dreaming of a future with you. I was thinking about the fact that you would probably never know your birth family and I was sad for you ... and them. But God gave me a comforting thought. If you, my precious daughter, become a follower of Jesus, and your birth parents become followers, too, you will all have the most blessed reunion in heaven some day. I pray this reunion will come true for you all some day. Amen!
I can't wait to share Thanksgiving with you, Malia. What an awesome first holiday to be able to share as a new family - Thanksgiving! I continue to be truly overwhelmed with thanksgiving as I think of the life journeys that have led us to one another.
I miss you. I love you. I am so thankful for you.
Always, Mommy
I love finding those bits and pieces of Malia's past and pray that we will be able to find out more in the future. I trust that God will reveal whatever it is He wants us to know and in His almighty perfect timing.
I took some time this evening to look at all 135 pictures in the finding ad section of the newspaper - yes, 135 children! Some children stared blankly at the camera, many were sleeping infants, one precious beauty was smiling, and a few expressions of sorrow broke my heart. Two children were older and I couldn't help but wonder about their story and what brought them to the place to have their pictures in the newspaper.
*****************
My Sweet Malia,
I am truly sad that you will not be growing up with your birth family. But I know we already love you so much - and we haven't even met in person yet - that you couldn't be more our own in our hearts and minds. I often wonder what led up to that moment when you were no longer with your birth family. The moment that led to where you are now. I wish I had information about your birth parents to share with you, but most likely we won't ever know anything. But, as you look into the mirror and see your beautiful reflection, know that you are seeing bits and pieces of two people that gave you life - two people for which I am truly grateful and will most likely never be able to thank in person.
As we come into the season of thanksgiving, I am reminded of a thought that floated into my head on Thanksgiving morning of last year - a mere few weeks before you were born. I was getting ready for the day standing in front of the mirror curling my hair, praying for you and dreaming of a future with you. I was thinking about the fact that you would probably never know your birth family and I was sad for you ... and them. But God gave me a comforting thought. If you, my precious daughter, become a follower of Jesus, and your birth parents become followers, too, you will all have the most blessed reunion in heaven some day. I pray this reunion will come true for you all some day. Amen!
I can't wait to share Thanksgiving with you, Malia. What an awesome first holiday to be able to share as a new family - Thanksgiving! I continue to be truly overwhelmed with thanksgiving as I think of the life journeys that have led us to one another.
I miss you. I love you. I am so thankful for you.
Always, Mommy




5 comments:
Go ahead, make me cry one more time. I dare you... :) Can't wait to see your new family picture next month!! :)
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Big Hugs!
I can hardly type the tears are filling my eyes! I can't wait for her to be in you arms!
It will truly be a special Thanksgiving at the Mahan house this year. God's timing still marvels me as I've watched this adoption unfold.
You are so respectful of Malia's birth parents. Wish they could know what a wonderful life and family she is about to inherit. I hope the dream of a reunion in heaven with them is in God's plans as everything else has been. What an awesome picture you have just painted....but that's so you!!
Still praying for all as you continue to "wait" for the final paper work.
Post a Comment