Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We Leave TODAY!!!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are watching, waiting and praying for your new miracle!! We love you and have a wonderful time!!Be sure to soak up every moment. See ya soon!
The Coopers

Cindy said...

Why may I ask are you up at such a time? You should be resting....LOL
Today is THEE day you have been waiting for so long. I cant help but remember at White's and how it just seems like yesterday and a thousand days ago.
I cant wait for the 'delivery' or Malia.
Much Love
Mama Mia

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Rick & Spencer, I have been watching your blog almost daily and have not said anything. :) Well it is here and now is the time. All I can say is enjoy every bit of it and take in as much as you can. It truly is a life changing event and a wonderful blessing from God. I still remember the exact moment they handed Raymie to me. It will never leave you and it is an oh so awesome time. God Bless and I will be awaiting your mom to return with all the details. :)

Anonymous said...

I forgot to pinch you before we left last night! It was just another one of those "God's timings" that let us have a party night at church the night before you leave....was so fun and I was also amazed by Colby's prayer. He is one special child.

I was awakened early this morning by what I thought were voices in the room....the conversation went something like this....

God talking to Satan; Hey, Satan...did you see the Mahan's packing these last couple of days?

Satan: Yeah, yeah, so what??
God: They are on their way to China to pick up the special child I placed in their hearts today. Another family made it through your vicious tests and now I have another precious child who is going to know about my love for them.
Satan: Well, they might have made it, but I've got lots more tricks up my sleeve for those who are still waiting. I will admit your people do have patience....I thought this long wait would surely put an end to adoptions! And I even saw YOU raise an eyebrow at my "tainted" milk scheme.
God: You've forgotten that my healing powers are greater than any scheme you have.
Satan: I'm not done yet....just wait till you see my next plan...it will definitely put an end once and for all to these people wanting children that aren't wanted in the first place.
God: Oh, but they are wanted....these are my children and I plan to save them all.
Satan: We'll see who gets them! You may be in control now, but I'm gaining more ground every day.
God: You just don't get it, do you? You will never be in control.
Satan: Oh yeah?? We'll just see about that.....I'm getting a stronghold on your great nation right now.....I've got the money presses going full blast....I've found the secret to converting souls to hell....it's called "MONEY". They love it more than you and it's working majic for me. Well, gotta go....I'm working overtime on politics right now....you know it's election time, don't you?
God: Yes, I know.....and don't forget, I'm still in control.
Satan: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Whatever! :)
***********************************

I'm so thankful you have not given up on your calling to adopt and that this day is finally here.

For Tonya and Brian, Mandy and Michael and everyone else who is in this process....never give up on what God has put on your heart. He wants these children in Christian homes....not orphanges.

God bless your journey....Happy Birthday Jennifer.....and may your cup runneth over.

Winter said...

aaaahhhhhh!!!!!! I can't believe the day is here. Rachel told me this morning she is ready for her friend to be home!! I will be praying constantly for you guys....I have huge butterflies just thinking about your journey I can't even begin to imagine your butterflies! We will have major scrapbooking to do after you are settled in at home!! Much love and prayers

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

This day, this time was made for you. God knew 3 years ago that this would be your time. He has been in control the entire time. Rest in His arms the next few days and enjoy the blessings He has in store for you!! We will be watching and waiting and praying right along with the Coopers! We love you guys and pray you have the trip of a lifetime!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!! I will be praying for all of you that there will be a God filled transition. Malia will know your love and be at peace as soon as she sees your wonderful family

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday!! I bet this one will always stick out to you in a special way :)

Also, I JUST realized that your log in date was 2-9 and your referral date was 9-2~ How cool is that :) Just a random thought :)

Jean said...

Congratulations on your new daughter. Enjoy your time in China. It goes by so fast....

Your daughter is beautiful.
Safe travels,
Jean

Anonymous said...

I noticed your last log in time Jennifer----couldn't sleep for the excitement of it huh??? I can only imagine!!!Thinking and praying for a most outstanding event to not
have distressing unexpected events!!! Sue G. (friend's of your Dad and Mom)

Winter said...

I just looked at the clock and you are in the air I am just giddy for you all! Also Happy Birthday you couldn't ask for a better gift!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Jennifer!! What a day!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

You are in the air!!! WOO-HOO :)

Anonymous said...

I am at work this morning wondering how everyone is this morning. No new rumors bla, bla,bla!
I hope to here from you soon! We are in continuous prayer for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

The Coopers
www.ourchinaangel.cm

Anonymous said...

Ladies and Gentlemen - please fasten your seatbelts and place your seats in an upright position. We will be landing in Bejing in just a few minutes. We hope your flight was a warm, fuzzy experience and that you enjoy the sights and sounds of this unique country. Thank you for flying American Airlines..... :)

Thinking of you and hoping it's a great experience so far!

the drakes said...

Ok, so you know on Apollo 13 where they go behind the moon and lose contact with ground control? ... It is like you are behind the moon and we all just have to sit and wait!!!! I've very excited to get your posts when you have time! Enjoy every minute!