
STATUS REPORT:
Today is almost over ... which means our countdown is almost finished. It's been a crazy kind of day. Rick and I are officially done with work and Spencer only has a half day of school tomorrow before we leave. Tonight, Spencer had a band concert and I had a big family event at church for our kids club. I'm now crashed on the couch, feeling very tired, but my mind is racing ... it might be a long night.
I have several "Thank You's" that I would like to send out tonight ...
~ Colby, thank you for your sweet prayer tonight. It took a lot in me to not cry as you prayed over our meal and included our trip to Malia. You even had your Momma crying! What a godly young man you are, even in second grade! Thank you for your sweet words! (Okay, trying not to cry here...)
~ Debbie, thank you for your beautiful prayer to close the evening. I'll be counting on your (and everyone's) prayers for safety, good health, and a good adjustment to come true! And, yes, you are all on this journey with us! God has ordained it so!
~ Gay (who acted on behalf of the whole club), thank you for the onesie and shirt! How adorable!!! (Malia got a onesie with "Future Pioneer Clubs Member" on it, and a red shirt that says "Worth the Wait.")


~ Ryan, Amber, Braden and Aleia, thank you for the cozy (and mighty cute) sleeper, and hair bobbles that included lady bug barrettes! I can't wait to put them in Malia's hair!

~ To everyone that was out at Club tonight and wished our family well, thank you!!! You have no idea how your encouraging and loving words sustain me!
~ And, thank you to Tonya and Isaac, who came out to the church to surprise me with a farewell hug!!! You guys are awesome, and I so can't wait for you to experience what we are experiencing right now! And, you will someday ... you WILL!
I've had a few people asking me how I'm REALLY feeling tonight. It's so hard to describe. I've been a bundle of nervous energy ALL day! I'm not a nail-biter, but they've been in my mouth playing with my teeth a lot today, and my legs won't sit still. Out of nowhere, my heart will start palpitating in anticipation and excitement. All this, and honestly I don't think it has completely set in that we're leaving tomorrow.
I guess the biggest thing is the realization that as we embark on this journey to China tomorrow, our family will never, ever be the same. And, we already have an incredible family! Why would we want to change it? But, we do, and it will be awesome.
I haven't been overly concerned about meeting Malia. I'm prepared (I think) for her to hate us, push away, and want nothing to do with us. Honestly, who would blame her as she's placed into the arms of complete strangers? But, I also know she could just settle in with us like we've always been a family. Many of the prayers people have been lifting for us have included requests that we all have an instant connection with one another. I know God is mighty enough to handle those requests.
My biggest anxiety right now is over the traveling and the potential of getting sick. So, if you're looking for something to pray for, there you go. And, of course, keep praying for everything else you've been praying for. Also, for those of you who may not know, my Mom and Rick's Mom are going with us. Please include them in your prayers as well.
My rambling has me thinking it's time for bed. Hoping to get some pictures posted tomorrow before we head out! Tomorrow ... wow!
Today is almost over ... which means our countdown is almost finished. It's been a crazy kind of day. Rick and I are officially done with work and Spencer only has a half day of school tomorrow before we leave. Tonight, Spencer had a band concert and I had a big family event at church for our kids club. I'm now crashed on the couch, feeling very tired, but my mind is racing ... it might be a long night.
I have several "Thank You's" that I would like to send out tonight ...
~ Colby, thank you for your sweet prayer tonight. It took a lot in me to not cry as you prayed over our meal and included our trip to Malia. You even had your Momma crying! What a godly young man you are, even in second grade! Thank you for your sweet words! (Okay, trying not to cry here...)
~ Debbie, thank you for your beautiful prayer to close the evening. I'll be counting on your (and everyone's) prayers for safety, good health, and a good adjustment to come true! And, yes, you are all on this journey with us! God has ordained it so!
~ Gay (who acted on behalf of the whole club), thank you for the onesie and shirt! How adorable!!! (Malia got a onesie with "Future Pioneer Clubs Member" on it, and a red shirt that says "Worth the Wait.")


~ Ryan, Amber, Braden and Aleia, thank you for the cozy (and mighty cute) sleeper, and hair bobbles that included lady bug barrettes! I can't wait to put them in Malia's hair!

~ To everyone that was out at Club tonight and wished our family well, thank you!!! You have no idea how your encouraging and loving words sustain me!
~ And, thank you to Tonya and Isaac, who came out to the church to surprise me with a farewell hug!!! You guys are awesome, and I so can't wait for you to experience what we are experiencing right now! And, you will someday ... you WILL!
I've had a few people asking me how I'm REALLY feeling tonight. It's so hard to describe. I've been a bundle of nervous energy ALL day! I'm not a nail-biter, but they've been in my mouth playing with my teeth a lot today, and my legs won't sit still. Out of nowhere, my heart will start palpitating in anticipation and excitement. All this, and honestly I don't think it has completely set in that we're leaving tomorrow.
I guess the biggest thing is the realization that as we embark on this journey to China tomorrow, our family will never, ever be the same. And, we already have an incredible family! Why would we want to change it? But, we do, and it will be awesome.
I haven't been overly concerned about meeting Malia. I'm prepared (I think) for her to hate us, push away, and want nothing to do with us. Honestly, who would blame her as she's placed into the arms of complete strangers? But, I also know she could just settle in with us like we've always been a family. Many of the prayers people have been lifting for us have included requests that we all have an instant connection with one another. I know God is mighty enough to handle those requests.
My biggest anxiety right now is over the traveling and the potential of getting sick. So, if you're looking for something to pray for, there you go. And, of course, keep praying for everything else you've been praying for. Also, for those of you who may not know, my Mom and Rick's Mom are going with us. Please include them in your prayers as well.
My rambling has me thinking it's time for bed. Hoping to get some pictures posted tomorrow before we head out! Tomorrow ... wow!




6 comments:
Goosebumps!! GOOSEBUMPS!!! ONE DAY!!! WOW!!!
YES....GOOSEBUMPS!! I just looked at your agency's website and they have moved your name from the WAITING FAMILIES up to the TRAVELING FAMILIES!! YEAH!!!!!
I have loved reading about the trips so many have shared about their journey to the "Gotcha Day". I can't wait to see your first post and hopefully lots of pictures - please don't forget to pack the camera!!
This is sooooo exciting....yes, it's down to HOURS now!! I can't imagine how you are functioning right now...GO HOME....FORGET ABOUT THE WORK!! We will miss you dearly while you are gone, but please have the time of your life and don't worry about anything not done.
Best Wishes tomorrow and may all that you have dreamed about this trip be that and much more.
I'm just CRYING with so much excitement for you guys! I'm sorry we missed your last Sunday at church before you leave, but we're praying for everything to go just perfectly.
I can't wait to see your posts from when you arrive to when you have that beautiful Malia in your arms for the first time!!! I'm praying for a smooth transition for her.
Safe travels!!
tears streaming down my face as I so vividly remember exactly how you feel today!!! Words cannot express how happy I am for you. Enjoy every moment of everything, yes even that plane ride, because it is a step closer to your little miracle!!! We will pray for you fervantly the next few days!! The dream is about to come true: Malia will be in your arms in just a few very short days!!! Much love and prayers :)
WOW!! It has been a long time coming but your day is finally here. I have so much enjoyed your blog journal of your entire journey and just want to let you know that all of us who work with "Grandma Peggy" will be praying for you to have a safe journey. We too will be praying that there will be an instant bonding with Malia but we also know that God will be in complete control of the situation for you. What a thrill to know that you are only a few days away from having a new daughter and little sister. We pray God's blessing on each of you.
The Resource Center Gang by C Best
Just said a prayer for you. God is awesome and provides in so many ways.
He gave us the best daughter we could have ever imagined!
Alyson
Mommy to Alyzabeth for Six Weeks!
LID 01/27/06
Forever Day 09/16/08
Post a Comment