Thursday, October 30, 2008

ALMOST THERE!

We're sitting in the Incheon Airport in Korea waiting to board our last flight to Beijing. It's just before 9:00 am on Friday here in Korea, which is just before 8:00 pm Thursday in the US. Rick just found this free internet cafe and Cindy and I went running!!! Wish I would have known before ... I've been itching to post an update and we've been here for over three hours! Blogger was not my friend yesterday (or should I say two days ago) when I was trying to make one last update before leaving the house. We checked for internet connections at O'Hare, but it was really expensive so I passed. And, yes, Shelby, I feel like I'm on the other side of the moon with no connection! I want to be able to update this journey as often as possible.

Our flights have been good. Thumbs up to Asiana Airlines, who have really good food!!! We ate "supper" at 3:00 am on the plane! They have movies and shows and games you can watch/play at any time.

We've been seeing so many beautiful Asian babies and Rick and I just smile at each other. We're a mere two days from getting Malia!! Wow!

Thanks, everyone, for checking in and leaving comments. I PROMISE to update as much as I can!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipee! Hey did you miss your birthday with the whole international dateline thing? I don't think so, because that would make me 37 and you'd still be 36. So here's to the best birthday ever! I love you!
Kristin

Winter said...

Thanks for the update this is such an awesome experience to share with you. I am glad to hear that traveling is going well (thank goodness for free internet!!) Continue to stay safe. love and prayers!

LaLa said...

So happy you are so close to being in the same country as Malia. I hope you get some rest, have some fun, eat some great food and all that in Beijing...then on to your GIRL!!!!

...carrie... said...

2 days!?!? Oh my goodness!! Praise Jesus!

Sarah said...

Woohoo! 2 days to go!

Anonymous said...

How fun to follow your travels. I'm hoping we will get our TA soon and then it will be our turn to make the trip. Have a safe trip and thanks for letting us follow your journey via this site.
~ athomemom (RQ)

Jennifer said...

Have a great trip!! It will be no time before you will have Malia in your arms forever.

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Wow!!! You should be in Beijing right now!!! I get goosebumps thinking about all you are about to experience!! God bless you :)