
STATUS REPORT:
Freaking Out!!!
Okay, this packing thing is much harder than I anticipated. I really thought we were packing light ... but it really adds up fast! Blast the dimension and weight restrictions! Who came up with those? Whoever it was obviously wasn't planning a two and a half week trip to China during varying climate changes to adopt a 10 1/2 month old!
Needless to say, we've had to include one more piece of luggage to check. We've made it a small carry-on size, so at least it's not too big and bulky. But, the extra room was needed.
We spent over 2 1/2 hours packing tonight! Not quite done, as we forgot to purchase a few small items. Sigh. But we're almost there!
**********
We have been blessed on our journey because of prayer! Brad and Carmen came over tonight to add to the many prayers they've already lifted for us. They just wanted to do it with us one more time before we left. Thank you, Brad and Carmen! What a blessing to have you as friends - and all through the bond of adoption. Brad, I loved the words you said right after your prayer, "You are about to experience the miracle of adoption. And it really is a miracle." Those words really uplifted me. Thank you!
And, thank you once again to everyone who is praying for us. Please continue, as we'll need them more than ever!
I'd also like to send a thank you shout out to Jim & Susie for the birthday serenade at our staff lunch today. There's nothing like whip cream all over your face while men you don't know sing in Spanish, all while I'm wearing a sombrero, to say Happy Birthday! You sneaky things, you!
**********
We leave in less than 48 hours. We should have Malia in less than six days! I'm so overwhelmed with various emotions I don't know whether to shout with joy or cry. I'd eat some chocolate, but I think it's packed with the kitchen sink at the bottom of the suitcase.
**********
We leave in less than 48 hours. We should have Malia in less than six days! I'm so overwhelmed with various emotions I don't know whether to shout with joy or cry. I'd eat some chocolate, but I think it's packed with the kitchen sink at the bottom of the suitcase.




11 comments:
I know this journey has been a long one for you, but only 2 more days!?!?! OH MY GOODNESS!!! :)
Okay, I'm waaay beyond excited now. Two days until we leave for a very important date. My, oh, my, the butterflies have started and are as excited to see Malia as we are! The time has finally arrived for us to make the actual "journey to Malia." God's timing has finally arrived! Thank you God for this wonderful blessing!
Love, hugs & kisses...
Mom/Grandma R
I'm so excited and happy for you guys. I will keep you in my prayers while you travel. Can't wait to meet Malia
Do you just keep pinching yourself because it doesn't quite seem real????? After all this time, it's now down to 2 days!!!! Woo-hoo :)
Tears of joy are just filling my soul for you right now. There aren't enough words to express how happy we are that this long journey to Malia is finally coming to an end!
What a blessing it has been to share it with you. This year has been an incredible witness to God's timing throughout. From the Women's Retreat, to the Hog Roast (and the timing of the sweet corn), to the Labor Day Surprise Referral, to being in the air to China on YOUR BIRTHDAY (can it get any better than that??), and then to be home just in time to celebrate your first holiday - Thanksgiving!!! I knew God was going to bless you tremendously for your faithfulness, and he's doing just that.
What a journey it has been. To God be the Glory for the great blessings he has already given and for the many that are to come as your family is about to soon be united!!
WHOO HOO....2 more days!!!!
Can you believe it!?!?!? So amazing! Getting so close!!
Did you get packed?? How did it go?
SEE you soon!
Have a safe and wonderful trip. Can't wait to see a picture of the four of you together.
Your friends at Meyer Stamping
I completely, utterly and totally relate!!
Hang in there - you'll be in China with Malia before you know it!!
Post a Comment