
STATUS REPORT:
I awoke this morning with butterflies ... one week from today we leave for China! That thought just about made me panic. Not really sure exactly why, but the feeling came over me briefly. I know I've said this before, but I just can't believe our waiting is about to come to an end! Our lives are about to change forever ... our family will never be the same once we embark on that journey. It's scary and exciting all at the same time.
Last night, Rick and I picked the clothing we will pack for Malia. Rick also cleaned out some kitchen cabinets and Spencer worked on Social Studies homework. This morning, Rick and I read over our final invoice from our agency, which includes all our in-China details. There's still some uncertainties about the orphanage donation fee (this fee basically reimburses the orphanage for the care and resources they've given the children). It's been $3,000 for years, but over the past several months these fees have started increasing by as much as $2,000 depending on province and orphanage. We've been told $3,000 but to have an extra $2,000 with us in China just in case it changes. Apparently the orphanage director insists the fee is $5,000 but our agency has not received any official notice of an increase. You could keep this issue in your prayers - we'd appreciate it.
I went to get my hair done today ... the last time before we leave. I thought this day would never get here, and it's here! Spencer gets his cut tomorrow. Thank you, LaKelia, for the P. Mitchell baby shampoo! What a great gift!
I talked with my sickly Mother this afternoon about travel/packing information - she's under the weather today. I love that my Mom and Rick's Mom will be able to experience this amazing journey with us.
Tonight I have a meeting for our Pioneer Clubs leaders and my last Hour of Power prayer meeting before we leave. It dawned on me today that I only have four more days in the office before we leave! We may start packing before this weekend because it's really cold where we are and really hot where we're going. So, since we won't be wearing summer-like clothing anytime soon, we could get them packed without noticing their absence in the closet.
Seven more days. One week from today. I have a feeling it will be here before we know it! Eleven days 'til Gotcha Day!!!




2 comments:
Hi Jen!!
So well put!! It is just so amazing! I am having the exact same thoughts! It's crazy!!
PS - I 'borrowed' your 7! Your numbers are so pretty!!
I'm so excited for you! I remember (not that long ago) feeling so anxious, nervous, excited, and all the other range of emotions a few days before leaving for China. I look forward to following along on your journey. Have a wonderful trip!
Jean
Post a Comment