Tuesday, October 21, 2008

EIGHT DAYS!


STATUS REPORT:
Malia's clothes are now washed. They are so tiny and so cute! I can hardly wait to see her wearing each outfit. I just hope they fit, since we don't know her exact size. Other adoptive parents advize taking a few outfits in various sizes and then buying more outfits in Gaungzhou. So, tonight after Pioneer Clubs, Rick and I will be choosing the outfits we'll take with us.

While doing laundry, I did some major cleaning in the kitchen last night. Our poor old stove has never looked better thanks to some very good de-greasing cleanser. I didn't plan to do this particular cleaning, but one thing lead to another and ... you know how that goes. Rick will hopefully get a little more cleaning done tonight while Spencer and I are at Club.

Some of Spencer's school assignments are changing, which is a little frustrating being so close to travel. We want him to be able to get as much done as possible before we go, but it seems getting plans together for him is proving a little difficult for a couple teachers. Plus, Spencer isn't having fun doing so much work each night. Please pray that he will get everything done that he needs to in a timely manner. He spent a lot of time last night doing Math and going over it with Rick. And speaking of Math, we want to extend a congratulations to his Math teacher, who was chosen Teacher of the Year! How cool is that?! Also, a thank you to the school administrators and teachers who are very supportive and encouraging of his upcoming trip!

The last two days I've felt really calm about the trip. Every once in a while I get the butterflies. But, I think I have so much to think about and get done here that I'm more focused on those things right now. I'm really afraid I'll miss or forget something. But, the excitement is still there! We could be holding Malia in twelve days!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 DAYS!!! Oh my...the long awaited day of seeing and holding Malia is finally approaching and quickly! Malia, my sweet, are you in for an amazing ride of love, hugs, kisses and craziness.
So glad you're getting some cleaning accomplished before the trip so you can sit back and enjoy your homecoming. Thank you, thank you for allowing the grandmas to be a part of this incredible journey of a lifetime! We are blessed to have you as our children.
Love, hugs & kisses,
Mom R

Anonymous said...

I love the colorful countdown!!

I can't believe it is finally down to just DAYS before you are on your way.

I'm so excited for all of you and the grandparents!!

Happy packing....and if you forget something, I'm sure you will be able to buy it in China since that's where most of our merchandise comes from in the first place!

Jenny Bertsch said...

Almost there!!! So worth the wait. One of my adoptive mothers is holding her baby girl for the first time in Kazakhstan this week. It is truly amazing how God provides children for families to love. Have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to meeting Malia.

Winter said...

Even if you forget something it won't matter...unless its the camara! You are going to get you baby GIRL!!!! This is so exciting for guys although poor Spencer with all this homework:(

...carrie... said...

8 days!!! YEEEEHAW!!! I have a feeling it's going to take us longer than that to go through all the pictures you have of her when you get back! Will you have internet access there to be able to post any pics once you get her? It's going to be a long wait for us here!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

YEE HAW on 8 days!!! You won't forget anything important, in fact, if you're like us, you'll pack things you really didn't need after all!!! I cleaned our house top to bottom too--nesting...it even happens when you are adopting :)