Thursday, October 16, 2008

OUR PASSPORTS & VISAS ARE HEADING HOME!

We got an email from our courier tonight letting us know that our passports with visas are on their way back to us. This is such a relief and I'm so ready to check this item off the "To Do" list.

On a less happier note ... I ordered our new money from our bank several weeks ago. I was told it should be in by the end of September. Well, when I called to check on the status earlier this week (since I hadn't heard from them) I was told that it hadn't come in yet. Then the teller starts asking me when the absolute very last day would be that we could pick it up. Are they kidding??? Do they really think I want to wait to the last minute for an item we CANNOT leave without? I'll be calling them tomorrow to check on the status.

Once again onto a happier note ... we got lots of goodies in the mail today. Our mei tai carrier, no jet-lag pills and my motion sickness bracelet all arrived today. That should be the last of the items we need (except the $$$!) and can start packing soon. I would have taken a picture of the mei tai, but I'm much too tired because ...

Rick and I went to the reservoir spill-way tonight to do some "Great Wall Training." This place is so beautiful and it has an area with 100 steps. Rick went down and up nine times and I did it seven. Woooooweeee!!! It's been a long time since I've been out there, so I'm hoping I'll be able to walk tomorrow! If I can, I'll take a picture of the mei tai.

3 comments:

LaLa said...

hey if it helps...we couldn't get new money either and so I got as good as I could, ironed it, and it was fine : )

Hang in there

Anonymous said...

I was about to ask, as a future waiting adoptive mom... What happens if you can't get the money as new as they want it?

a little leprechaun said...

Hey Jennifer! TWO WEEKS!! Come on $$$!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the mia tai!!