We've made it to Beijing!!! We are in CHINA!!! Malia has no idea that we are now in her home country waiting to bring her home. What a journey she is about to join in on.
I thought I'd go ahead and put lots of pictures in this post since I have the chance, so here goes ...
Here's the family waiting in the Fort Wayne Airport...
I thought I'd go ahead and put lots of pictures in this post since I have the chance, so here goes ...
Here's the family waiting in the Fort Wayne Airport...
And here we are waiting at O'Hare ...
... to take a ride on this huge beast! ...
It had two levels, but the upper level was for first class. And, since we couldn't afford the $15,000 - $24,000 a piece for first class tickets, we were on the lower level. Like I mentioned in the previous post, Asiana Airlines was great.
Here's the sign we saw right when we got off the plane at the Incheon Airport in Seoul, South Korea ...

And, here we are at the Beijing Airport with our CHI representative, Becky. We are HERE!!! Unbelieveable! And, a little side note about this airport, Becky told us it is in the shape of a dragon.

We're staying at the Radisson, which is nice. Here's what our room looks like minus the roll-away bed for Spencer that wasn't in the room yet (but is now) ...


And, for your viewing pleasure, here is the view of Beijing from our hotel room ...

We've already experienced China's chaotic driving system as we rode to our hotel (or should I say lack there of). We've made a mental note to stay off the streets as much as possible when we're out and about.
Apparently, there are seven other CHI families that arrived yesterday, but I haven't seen them yet. Others will arrive later tonight. We'll all meet up at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow for a long day of sightseeing. Can you believe we'll be hiking the Great Wall tomorrow? I still can't believe we're here! I can't believe our wait for Malia, after all this time, is down to two days. I'm feeling very calm, so your prayers are working. Please keep at it!
Dana, I'm thinking of you! Just wanted you to know.




16 comments:
I am excited to follow your journey. I am an AP to two precious children from Vietnam. Enjoy your journey, it goes so fast. God bless!
Jen
AP to Jeremy and Natalie
oh my goodness....yea you are soooo close!!! You all are on my heart all the time can't wait to see some pics of the great wall! (everyone looks great for spending that much time in a plane!)
We are all so glad to know that you arrived safely. After over 3 years you are now just a little over 1 day away from your beautiful daughter. We will continue to pray for that wonderful moment when they place her in your arms!!!
I have been in (almost) constant prayer for you, for calm and peace and to enjoy the moment you are in at the moment you are in it. Enjoy this amazing trip with your husband and son, as well as the arrival of Malia. What an amazing family experience for you all.
I love you!
Kristin
Oops, and the moms too. Tell Mommy R that I love her, too!
The Cooper's
Good Morning or should I say GOODNIGHT! I am at Hazel's house she is keeping an eye on on you for me. It is 9:30 and we left our house in our PJ,s to see your latest post. I can't believe you are finally there! I am so glad you all made it safely. I hope you are able to post soon after you recieve Malia! I will once again be running to Hazels in my PJ's G od bless you all. Oh The traffic sound like the game Frogger! Love youy all!
Happy you are there!!!! We loved the Radisson (and the Carefour that is right next door...just walk out and to the left if you haven't already...also there is a great restaurant down the road, to the right..it was next to a 7/11) Anyway, we called our room the Crayola room : )
Enjoy your sightseeing...and say hi to Ron and Jenni if you see them : )
Praise the Lord!!! I just showed Braylen your pictures and she wanted to know where Malia was!!! We will anxiously be checking like crazy :)
Your room looks SOOOOOOO nice!! We never stayed in any hotels that nice on our two journeys. Looks great.
Have fun at the Great Wall :) We are covering you with prayer.
Yep looks just like the room Mike and I stayed in. :)
Wow, so far China doesn't look anything like I thought it would. I'm so glad your journey has been a pleasant one and you are at peace (for the moment)!
Continued blessings!
Hey girl!! I'll see you at breakfast!! I'll be the crazy lady running at you to give you a big hug!!
;-)
YEAH!!!! I love reading about your journey, thank you so much for sharing it with us, can't wait to see more!!!!! Just a couple more days............
I think you have the same view from your room as we did! The Pizza Hut across from the Carrefore is good too!
Jean
I'm so glad you've been able to post your pictures of your journey. Madison is here reading with me. We're so excited for you. Have fun hiking! We'll be watching. God Bless you all.
Deb & Maddie
Congrats jen and family love you all ;) Wishing you all a safe journey and quick return. Your all in our prayers!
Love Yas
trish ; )
This is so exciting!!
We'll say prayers for your continuing calmness. The 12 hrs or so difference is making this even more fun to watch! One last night of rest for you before you have a sweet baby girl to hold and love on. You may have to count a whole field of sheep jumping over the fence to get to sleep tonight! Have a most excellent day coming up!!
Hazel
Post a Comment