Saturday, October 25, 2008

FOUR DAYS!


STATUS REPORT:
Today has been a crazy busy and fun day! After sleeping in, Rick and I went for a really nice, long walk. Then back at home I "attended" a cyber baby shower for my cyber friend, Laura, who is close to traveling to Vietnam to get her little guy, Coby - who is such a cutie-pie. Never done the cyber shower thing before, but it was really nice to be a part of it and wish them well on their journey.

Then it was off to renew my driver's license (which expires the end of this month) and Spencer's state ID card (which we like to have when we travel and his was a few years old). It cost $32.00 for both!!! The term "highway robbery" comes to mind - no pun intended. I remember, back in the day, when it only cost $3.00 to renew a license. But I digress ...

Then we were off to the courthouse to vote. Speaking of voting, let me share with you something Spencer said to me yesterday ...

Spencer: Just think, Mom, next Presidential election I'll be able to vote.

Me: Oh, yeah, well ... BARELY old enough!

Seriously, where is the time going???

After voting, we headed out to Walgreens and Walmart for a few last minute items. Back home we worked on laundry and just a tiny amount of contributing to our packing piles. Then we headed out to see our friends, Dave & Christine, who were having an open house to celebrate their new house - Woohoo!! Congratulations!!! - before heading over to my parents' house to celebrate some birthdays ... with ice cream cake!!!


I'm really tired, so I'm heading off to bed. Tomorrow is our last Sunday at church before heading to China! We should have Malia in eight days!!! I had a dream about her last night. Hoping for another one tonight ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 days! I can't even believe it. I'm getting butterflies because of your butterflies!! I love being able to live vicariouly through you. It's so much fun!

a little leprechaun said...

4 Days!! WOW!! Still so amazing! Did you get everything done you were trying to get done??

I think Chad & I finalized our packing today. Hopefully! ;-)