Friday, October 24, 2008

FIVE DAYS!

Not only are we in single digit countdown, but today we can start counting down our last few days on ONE hand!

STATUS REPORT:
Not much to report on today. About the only thing productive in the adoption world is that I called the credit card company to inform them we'll be traveling out of the country to China, with a couple stops in South Korea.

We went to Rick's sister's house tonight for supper and I got to share the birthday cake the Pioneer Clubs Leaders gave me Wednesday night at our meeting (thank you, Gay and Debbie!!!). We played the Wii - tennis and bowling - and laughed like crazy.

Tomorrow is voting day for Rick and me. (It will be wierd learning of our new President while in another country.) We'll also be doing some laundry and start our packing. The butterflies are visiting more frequently!

I want to thank all of you who are leaving comments, signing our guestbook, sending emails, and offering words of excited congratulations. It's so much more fun going through this journey with all of you by our sides!!! And, thank you Beth and Auntie (and Uncle and Tracy), for my early birthday cards! I'm guessing this will be the shortest birthday ever since we'll be going through so many time zones on that day. Does that mean I don't officially turn a full year older? Speaking of birthdays ... Happy Birthday, Dad!

5 comments:

Nina said...

We're counting down with you. We technically leave on Wednesday, too (at 1:20am).

So exciting!!!!

See you in Guangzhou!!

a little leprechaun said...

I just can not believe it!! Countdown on one hand! AWESOME!!

So excited!! Just can't believe it!!

Anonymous said...

It's so exciting to read how close it is getting for all of you! The excitement must be overflowing because I'm filled with joy for each of you! Even though I only spent a little time with your family each of you mean so much and I know that God has blessed this family and will continue to bless you throughout the years! Malia is a very, lucky girl because she was Chosen by a loving family! I'm praying for you and can't wait to hear about those first few moments when you hold her in your arms!!

...carrie... said...

*insert happy dance here*
If I am this excited I can't even imagine what you 3 are feeling!

the drakes said...

I'm so excited to be counting down the days with you. I keep my computer on all the time so I can check the bolg frequently! I'm looking forward to keeping track of you when you leave NEXT WEEK! This is all so very amazing - God is so good!