Friday, October 17, 2008

10 MONTHS OLD TODAY!

Sweet Malia,

You are ten months old today! I know we haven't had the chance to meet face to face yet, but I can't believe how time is flying. When we first got your referral you were eight and a half months old, and here you are ten months already! You're growing up so fast, and I'm sad that I'm missing it.

But in twelve days I will finally - finally - be heading out on a journey that will change both of our lives forever. A journey that will allow me to experience your beautiful culture. A journey that will lead me to you. And in seventeen days I will hopefully be looking into your beautiful brown eyes telling you I love you for the first of many times.

I can't wait to hug you, kiss your cheeks, see you smile, hear you laugh, watch you sleep, get to know your likes and dislikes, experience your personality, watch you play with your big brother, see you smile at your daddy, watch you have fun with your family. I just can't wait!

But until that day that I'm finally holding you, I'm praying for you still. Happy ten month birthday, precious girl! I love you!

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

a little leprechaun said...

Happy Birthday Miss Malia!! I can not wait to meet you in person!!

Cindy said...

Happy 10th month birthday Malia.
Grammy loves you. Cant wait to hold you and give you kisses and hugs. It wont be long.
I cant wait to see the look on Mommy and Daddy's faces. Big Bro Spencer will be such a good brother. We love you already.
Hugs and Kisses Malia
Gma