I was much calmer at work today than I was a week ago. Can you believe it's been a week since our referral? I can't. This last week has flown by. I really don't like wishing life away, but I kind of hope the next six to eight weeks go by as quickly. I can't wait to hold our Maila!
The red area is Jiangxi Province ...

And the yellow arrow is the location of Yifeng SWI in Jiangxi Province ...

In this past week I joined the Yifeng SWI Yahoo Group and they have some priceless photos taken by families who have little ones from the orphanage. I've gotten permission to post some photos on our blog and I've opted to share the two below.
The first picture is of the gate as you enter the SWI grounds.
The Yifeng SWI (Social Welfare Institute) also houses elderly and special needs people. The grounds are bigger than I'd imagined and they appear to have a beautiful garden and sitting area. The photo below is of the current infant building. This would be the building Malia is living in. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the building appears on the outside. This particular photo was taken in the winter time. There was another picture taken in the spring and had a lot of green foliage, but it was a very small picture so I opted for this one.
I would love to have the opportunity to visit Malia's orphanage. I don't believe we'll know for sure until we get to the province to get our babies. Often times it's up to the orphanage director to authorize a visit. Please join me in praying he'll be generous to our travel group!
Oh, and by the way ... today is our 31 month LID anniversary. I must admit, it's the best one so far!




8 comments:
Your mom just shared your blogspot for me to look at. What a lucky little child Malia is going to be....coming to America and having you as brother and parents. We have not shared in your journey to date, but are so glad to do so now. Godspeed with all of you. It will be wonderful to see her when she arrives. "The journey of a lifetime begins with one single step."
Becki and Tom Wagoner
I also find myself looking at Malia's picture. I remember looking at you and your brother when you were babies asleep in your crib. It's such a calm, relaxing feeling. Then, I'd find myself smiling, and I find myself doing the same now with Malia's picture. What a precious gift! Our prayers that our trip will include all you hope & pray for.
Love, hugs, kisses, & SMILES,
Mom & Dad R
I will email you about visiting the SWI...we did it (diff province) but there is a method to the madness : )
I love the new background.
Now....I get goosebumps just looking at her picture. I cant wait to hold her. Peggy and I are gonna run a race for that priviledge. Malia is so lucky to have you as a family. She will be a joy to watch grow.
We love you all so much
Mama Mia
Hey..for some reason I can't find your email address...can you please email me : )
WOW.....was I ever surprised to see that you have changed your blog. I love it....it looks great.
This orphanage looks new and "quake proof"....thank goodness! You know my prayers will be that there are none of those in the area while you are gone!! It's good to know Malia has been in such a nice facility and hopefully had the best of care during China's major catastrophies. What a story you have to tell her someday!
So anxious to hear about your packing days and travel arrangements. It's still so hard to believe it's finally here!!
I think Malia's photo belongs on the top of every post. She is so adorably beautiful!!
YEAH!!! Congratulations!!!
Hugs,
Manette
Post a Comment