We received some translated information about our precious Malia today. This information included her "finding" story (which we've decided to keep private) as well as a record of her physical development information for her first six months. It was so sweet to read those words and imagine her at every stage of her first six months of life.
One quote from this translation that I absolutely love and cherish is this:
"She is very lively. Big eyes on her lovely face and cute lips."
What precious words!
I absolutely cannot wait to go to China and finally meet my little girl. Please pray for those first days together, that they would not be so traumatic for her. It's hard to know that our "Gotcha Day" will be the day we've waited almost four years for, but will be a day that Malia is stripped of everything she's ever known. It breaks my heart for her. I must admit there are days that I feel guilty about this fact. But I must trust in God's plan for her life, and His plan for mine as well. He's chosen us to be a family and for that I cannot stop thanking Him.
"Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words."
2 Corinthians 9:15
Oooh, how could I ever stop thanking Him?!
One quote from this translation that I absolutely love and cherish is this:
"She is very lively. Big eyes on her lovely face and cute lips."
What precious words!
I absolutely cannot wait to go to China and finally meet my little girl. Please pray for those first days together, that they would not be so traumatic for her. It's hard to know that our "Gotcha Day" will be the day we've waited almost four years for, but will be a day that Malia is stripped of everything she's ever known. It breaks my heart for her. I must admit there are days that I feel guilty about this fact. But I must trust in God's plan for her life, and His plan for mine as well. He's chosen us to be a family and for that I cannot stop thanking Him.
"Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words."
2 Corinthians 9:15
Oooh, how could I ever stop thanking Him?!




1 comment:
I have tears streaming down my face right now! I had the same thoughts with both of our girls on Gotcha Day! Both of my girls handled the transition so much better than I imagined. I will pray the same for Malia. I remember Braylen kept looking at us and then all around the orphanage and then back to us with a wonder in her eyes almost like, I have no idea what is happening, but I think it's gonna be a GREAT thing!!! One thing that helped in both of our situations was I was able to learn their schedules from the nannies and we adhered to them as much as possible while there to make things as normal as possible. Braylen wasn't used to being held, so we, as hard as it was, tried to respect that and let her have lots of floor time in between all the cuddles!!! Ooooh, I can't wait to see pictures of you there with HER!!! Love the Bible verse you chose for this post.
Post a Comment