Saturday, September 13, 2008

GOODIES FOR MALIA

We went shopping for Malia today! I've waited so long to buy girl clothes. Nothing against boy clothes, but girl clothes are so much more fun. It was truly overwhelming because there were so many cute things. And, unfortunately, it was confirmed once again today that I have very expensive taste! We're thankful for the gift cards we were given at the surprise baby shower this past April that we were finally able to use today.

Since the only information we have on Malia's height and weight was taken three months ago, we've heard it's best to buy a few things in different sizes. We focused on 6-12 months. Here's most of what we got today ...









This dress was impossible to pass up. Ladybugs are such a symbol of China adoptions.



And, Rick couldn't pass up this coat.

At Babies R Us we saw a lot of really cute clothes but figured we'd already gotten enough today. We went for Rick to find his baby carrier and decided to get some other baby supplies while we were there.


I am so ready to get Malia! These past couple days have been especially difficult after hearing yesterday's breaking news that some Chinese formula has been tainted and babies have died as a result. Others have gotten kidney stones and there's been discussion about possible kidney disease. Please keep Malia and the other babies in your prayers.

10 comments:

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

How fun!!! I totally agree with you about shopping for boys vs. girls!!! Any chance I get to buy little girl clothes, I'm in heaven!! I love the polka dot dress and the jacket, she's going to be stylin!!!!! What fun to shop for your daughter!!!!

...carrie... said...

Oh my goodness! What adorable little outfits!!! Can't wait to see her in them!

a little leprechaun said...

She is sooo going to be stylin'!!!! Very cute clothes!! I had not heard about the tainted formula!!! Oh, my!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

We are praying for Malia that God's hand of protection will be on her and the other babies in her orphanage. The hardest part of adoption is once you have that picture, your little one and you have to totally trust the Lord to put the right people in her care. Why is it so hard to trust the God who ultimately alwasy cares for us, we just always want to take the strings in our own hands! I understand your concerns and I am praying extra doses for little Malia!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfits! I don't know if you like The Children's Place or not, but they have some good sales right now and you can shop online!!!! Jeans for 4.99!!! I love that store. Their things stay so nice. I love outfits from Babies R Us too, but they don't stay nice as long. Socks from Old Navy are THE BEST!! Just some hints from a mom of little girls :) And, if you like dressy dresses--VON MAUR!!!! Take extra cash though, pricey!!! I always get in trouble in there :(

the drakes said...

Oh, just wait till you go shoe shopping!!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I just bought something for Malia!!!! Just wait until you see it, it is soooooooooooooo cute!! You're gonna LOVE it :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I can't wait to hug her up! She will be so precious. I will be waiting to see her picture posted in every outfit. She will be an international model! Have a good day and God bless.

Nina said...

Malia is going to be one stylish baby!! Shopping for girls is so much fun! Enjoy!

Nina from RQ

AmyO said...

Adorable outfits! Its so much fun shopping for our little girls :)

Children's Hope International said...

That coat is absolutely adorable!!

Jennifer N.