Friday, July 18, 2008

THE THINGS PEOPLE SAY!

Gay: "God woke me up at 4:00 this morning with thoughts about you being matched with Malia today."

Me: (Deer in headlights look with jaw slowly dropping to the floor.)

Okay, so this isn't the EXACT dialogue that took place today, but pretty darn close! Gay stopped by the church today to work on signs for the hog & corn roast and shared how her morning began. Let me just say that I've already been overly anxious and emotional this week about the adoption in general. So, imagine my surprise - well, okay, SHOCK - at Gay's comment!

Here's what's driving me over the edge right now...

There is that possibility (read: slim chance) that we could be matched and have our referral in a matter of weeks. (Yes, I said WEEKS!) However, the guarded (read: practical) side of me is trying to convince myself that it won't be until September, maybe even October if the Olympics get in the way. I continually go back and forth with "exploding excitement" to "guarded reality check."

But in all honesty, when we first began our adoption journey this is pretty much how I expected to feel as we approached referral time. I'm just so excited that it's FINALLY time to go crazy about whether or not we're in the NEXT batch!!!!!

Okay, I'm off to take some deep breaths ... breathe iiiinnn ... breathe oouutt ...

4 comments:

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I remember what you are experiencing!! It's part of the awesome experience, so soak it in, get ready---IT IS COMING!!!!! I am praying that Malia is in THE NEXT BATCH!!!!!!!!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I met your mom and sister today, Rick! They were at Kroger. They saw Alea and asked about her, then told us she had a son adopting from China. When we asked who it was, they told us YOU!!! It's a small world!!!!

Cindy said...

I couldnt resist asking where the little one was from. Who would have thought I had been reading her comments on your site! So happy to have met them. I try not to get the butterflies in my stomach. Someone has to keep a sane mind......... LOL. Stop laughing Rick.
Love you all so very much
Mamma Mia

Anonymous said...

When you told me this on Sunday, I had chills, my knees went weak and I had tears in my eyes...to think that Malia is this close to being in such a loving family. I can't wait and can only think of the Pointer Sisters song "I'm so excited!"
Lots of love, hugs & kisses,
Mom & Grandma R