Sunday, July 13, 2008

KISSES FOR MALIA

What a GREAT day! Have you ever had one of those days when you were just bursting at the seams with joy? Well, today was one of those days for me. God continues to bless us and we are so very grateful! He is soooooo gooooood!

Today at church we met an amazing family. This family has six children, two of which were adopted from Vietnam. When I first met these two beautiful girls, they were accompanied by their mom who greeted me with, "You're Malia's Mommy." Oohh, talk about melting my heart! She had been reading posts from our blog which is located on a table in a three-ring binder in our lobby area. The family was joining us this morning as guest speakers and spokespeople for Gospelink Ministries.

Then during the service, Rick, Spencer and I were called up on stage because some people wanted to let us know that they had come up with yet another means to raise money to help with our adoption expenses ... a pig kissing booth! And in walks one of our youth, Megan, carrying a piglet wearing a diaper and a bow around her neck! Linda, who is making the announcement, then holds up the sign-up sheet that has the first nominee on it --- Rick! So, Rick kissed a pig in church this morning and raised $40 for our Malia Fund. Not something you see every day at church, huh? Poor little piggy.

But, I'm not laughing too hard because I've heard that my name is now on the list ... eeeek! But I'll do it for you, Miss Malia, because I already love you sooooooo much!

I am continually amazed and humbled at the outpouring of love from our church family. Their passion for helping us bring Malia home makes it feel like it's not just us adopting, but the whole church! And we are privileged to share this experience with all of them. We love you, CCBC! You have blessed us beyond measure! And thank you, Heavenly Father, for blessing us with this journey. We can't wait to meet the daughter You have chosen for us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Rick's kisses taste like bacon now??? Just kidding....
Our heartfelt thanks to CCBC for their amazing love, generosity and ingenuity. They say it takes a village to raise a child, your church family is a living example of God's love. Malia, dear, be prepared to be kissed and hugged by many...maybe even a cute little piggy!
Love & hugs to all!
Mom R

LaLa said...

SMOOCH!!! That is awesome!!! Yeah, being called her mommy is sweet music to your ears I am sure...not long now!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

The Franks were at your church!!! We know them! I grew up in the church that Pete ministered in as youth pastor before being called to Gospelink. Aren't their girls adorable??? They are a great family, I am glad you met them.

Love the pig idea! Is this going to happen each Sunday, at the fundraiser, or what? Cute idea and even I, who absolutely am NOT an animal person, especially farm animal person, would kiss the pig if it helped bring your sweet Malia home any sooner!!!!!

Michelle said...

Nicci and I will make a donation if Rick kisses the pig again, and we can get pictures!!!!

Nina said...

What a wonderful outpouring of love!

Malia is lucky to be joining such a wonderful family and community.

Nina (from the February board on RQ)