Wednesday, July 23, 2008

HOME VISIT TODAY

Our home study social worker, Jenny, from Gateway Woods stopped by the house this afternoon for a home visit. It was nice to see her again, and pictures of her adorable baby boy. Thanks, Jenny, for sharing those!

It won't be long now and our second home study update will be complete and sent off to our local USCIS office for citizenship and immigration approval/renewal. I'll be glad to have the whole process behind us ... once again.

Right after our home visit, we headed out to the church to help set up for the hog and corn roast. Well, we were going to help, but once we got there it was pretty much done. There were so many people there to help set up tables and chairs and we want to say THANK YOU to all of you! We are so looking forward to Saturday, especially to see God show up!

I just have to say I'm trying really, really hard to be patient about hearing news of rumors for this next referral batch. We're anxious, and yet a little nervous, to find out how far the CCAA will get this time.

****************

Gay, here is the picture. I'll try printing the card out here at home and see what it looks like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen for posting your picture. Everyone needs to see those big smiles that I hope will get even bigger in a few weeks!

I was thrilled beyond thrilled to see all who came to help set up tables and chairs. We all love you and want to show our support for you at this very special time in your lives. May God bless us with great weather, safety and many people with big hearts and wallets Sat. evening. I know God is hearing your prayers and will bless you with what you have asked for because you have been so faithful through this whole process. I hope we can send you off to NC next week with tears in your eyes for providing what you need and well beyond.

To all who are reading....please come and help us support the Mahans during our Hog Roast/Sweet Corn Benefit on Sat. the 26th from 4-8. We want to meet all their family and friends and show you her second home! She does such a fantastic job with our youth and they all adore her - lucky Malia to be getting such a great mom.

God has provided the perfect growing season for our sweet corn...it melts in your mouth and is ready just in time...isn't that just like God?? I can't wait to see what he's about to do.

a little leprechaun said...

Hello! Love the website! We are sending our re-renewal for the I600-A on Monday. I really hope Gay is right about the referral!! Good luck with the Hog Roast!

Terri
LID 2/9/06