Rick's guess is Jiangxi. Spencer's guess is Guizhou. My guess is Chongqing. Your turn to guess. Leave a comment with your choice and we'll have fun seeing who's right in a few months. (You should be able to click on the map to make it bigger - you know, so you can actually see what the names are.)
One of our blog readers from church asked me Sunday if it's possible Malia hasn't been born yet. This is true, she may not be born yet. If she's not, I'll be thankful she's not had to endure this harsh winter blizzard. I guess I just think we're close enough to our referral that she's been born (or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part). Only time will tell.
There's not been an update from Melody Zhang, the CHI director in China, on how the orphanages are fairing since last week. However, it's been made clear that China is not capable of meeting all the needs of this disaster - much like the US has not been able to meet the needs of Hurricane Katrina victims. So, if you would like to donate to this cause, you are welcome to visit our agency's website (http://www.childrenshopeint.org/). At the top of the page is a large button that says "South China Emergency Fund". Clicking on this button will take you to a page that lists the needs of 13 orphanages our agency is helping. Any amount will help greatly. Half the Sky is still accepting donations as well (http://www.halfthesky.org).
Now, don't forget to leave a comment with your guess on where Miss Malia is (or will be) from. We might just get the winner(s) something special from China!




5 comments:
My guess is Fujian because it is the closest to Taiwan and that is where our little miracle came from!!
Well, I will guess Hubei since that is where Malia is from : )
After much consideration, and a whole game of pin the stick pin on the China map,my guess is Anhui.
Now what is the grand prize for the winning guess? Chocolate?
Much Love
What fun!
Wherever, I know she will be beautiful...so my guess will be Henan. Looks like it would sound close to my maiden name of Keenan. :)
Love & prayers to all of you and especially to Malia.
Mom R
OK...obviously I have mommy brain..just read my comment again.I meant Annslee is from Hubei LOL
Post a Comment