Saturday, February 23, 2008

UPDATE

I know, I was doing so well posting again and then ... nothing. But there just hasn't been anything to share until now. Here are a couple quick updates.

First, Melody Zhang updated her blog last week, but I didn't hop back on there until this week to find out. Her latest post shares that most of the orphanages' needs have been met and workers are able to focus on getting things back to normal. I was near tears to read that CHI collected over $30,000.00 for relief efforts! If you were able to donate ... thank you! If you'd like to read more, you can visit Melody's blog at http://melodyzhangorphans.blogspot.com and read the February 18th post.

Secondly, rumors are beginning to surface regarding the next batch of referrals. There isn't much out there yet, but information is pointing at getting into 2006 ... finally! I haven't been able to get on the RQ site today - some kind of technical difficulties - to see if anything new is floating around. Hopefully it will get fixed somehow, because now is not a good time to be incapable of accessing this site! Rumors will be coming in full force soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Into 2006...wonderful! Gives me chills that you (we) are getting closer to seeing Malia for the first time and to hold her, hug her and kiss on her. You are such great parents, she is one lucky little girl.
Our love, hugs & kisses to all of you!
Mom & Dad R