As I read the box with the definition of patient, I couldn't help but relate this word to being a patient waiting parent. Here's a quote from the book:
Tolerate delay? Good-natured forbearance? Uncomplaining endurance? Suffers long? Hmmmmm ..... I can relate to these. So can many others. There are days when I am able to tolerate, forbear, endure and suffer through this wait with grace, and many, I must confess, that are done rather ungracefully. And even others yet that are done rather numbly. But we will continue to tolerate, forbear, endure and suffer through this wait for Malia because we know without a single doubt that she is worth it.
Patience is a virtue - so the saying goes - and virtues are learned, and learning takes practice ... and we've had a lot of practice "patiently" waiting! But we will take what we have learned and hopefully become wiser and stronger - and dare I say better - parents because of what we've learned about the trait of patience during this wait. And somehow (only by the grace of God, I do realize) we will hopefully resist the impulse to let the irritation of this wait get the better of us.
Anyway, thank you for patiently reading this wordy post.




1 comment:
Don't under estimate what other peole see in you. I know it is difficult. God knows the struggles we go through. Malia will be here to share in our lives in His perfect timing. And we will celebrate Him for the promises He keeps.
We love all of you
Cindy
Post a Comment