Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Juicy Rumor

Okay, Michelle, here you go with an update (I don't want Rick getting fired) and for everyone else who has recently reminded me that it's been awhile since I've posted.

RQ came out with some juicy information today. Quite honestly, I'm not sure what to make of it. Basically she's saying that some people with February 2006 LIDs have already gotten their referrals, even though the CCAA has only officially gotten through November 25, 2005 LIDs. Some other people with December LIDs are also saying they've received their referrals already.

You know, with the way rumors roll in the Chinese adoption world I sometimes think people might be feeding RQ some "not-truths" (aka: lies). Anyway, if it is true I just wonder if these were expedited LIDs, which are given to people with Chinese heritage. Regardless, God's timing is what we're continuing to trust in.

Rick and I were able to take a nice long walk yesterday morning and talked some about the adoption. We're both feeling like this winter is going to find us quickly approaching our turn for Malia's referral. As many of us experience, the years seem to pass by quicker and quicker each year and we can't believe Autumn is already upon us (wasn't New Year's just last month?). With the holidays just around the corner, we realize that the next few months will be here and gone before we know it. We're still expecting a referral in the spring and that's now only two seasons away. Anyway, the next batch of referrals should be coming out in the next couple weeks. We're crossing our fingers that they go well into December 2005.

On a very happy note, I was able to go back home yesterday for a wedding (congrats, Kim & Robert!) and the annual Street Fair, and had the chance to catch up with my family and some old friends. It was such a great time, although much too short (okay, for me ... Rick was ready to go home much sooner than myself). The highlight of the day was seeing Stephanie and Mike who were in China last summer adopting their daughter, Raymie. She is just too cute and getting quite grown up. She's been home just over a year now and is doing remarkably well. We can't wait to introduce Raymie to Malia. We should be able to do that before next year's Street Fair!

2 comments:

...carrie... said...

You are almost there and I so much admire your faith and patience that God has this all in his hands. Love you!

Cindy said...

More days to mark off until that much anticipated referral notice!
Love you