Wednesday, June 20, 2007

SonForce Kids: Special Agents VBS

Well, here's what took me away from home for so long these last few weeks ... VBS. We had an awesome week, though. Our theme this year was "SonForce Kids: Special Agents" where we focused on being courageous special agents for God's missions. I directed it again this year and spent a great deal of time on decorations with a lot of help from one particular special lady --- thanks, Gay, for ALL your help!!! Since most of the decorations have kids' pictures in them, I don't want to show them. But, here is our main scene - the SonForce Kids Command Center where we all met together each night to learn what our Daily Mission was for the day.

Spencer's age group got to do something a little unique for our church. Since we were short handed and didn't have a craft coordinator, the jr/sr high class came a little early each night for a lesson and then did a leader-in-training program where they led the crafts for each age group. Spencer loved the idea and had a fun time doing some "leader type things". Here he is with a sample craft - the Special Agent I.D. Badge.


I particularly had a fun time changing my disguise each night. On this night I was disguised as a tourist. Spencer's group was dressing as pirates.


I didn't think to get pictures of me each night, but one night I put on a long blonde wig and dressed all in black. People were calling me the Blonde Bombshell. You should have seen the looks on the kids' faces when they saw me. It was so fun! It got me in the mood for Halloween and Rick, Spencer and I are looking forward to our Halloween costumes this year. We'd share, but it's a secret. You'll just have to come back and find out in October.

Anyway, I'm glad the week is over, but the time and effort were so worth it since the kids had so much fun! Now it's time for me to ... zzzzzzz ...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I am soooo glad you finally got this blog updated. I had almost worn out the favorite button by checking back all the time.
What a great idea for the VBS. I know Cassidy and Lauren loved it. Amanda said they were saying all the time what fun they had. That is when you know you have really reached them. They will remember it forever.
I love how productive my DIL is. Lots of work, but well deserved applause. ^5
Love you sooo much