Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hart Kitefly 2007

Over Memorial Day weekend we headed to Henry for the annual Hart Family Reunion (aka: The Kitefly). I've been attending this reunion since I was kid and love that Spencer gets to grow up with similar memories. It's the third Kitefly since we decided to adopt and Malia has yet to attend her first one. Next year, maybe? We'll have to see. Uncle Fred's already lining up the Good Kid Award with her name on it so she has to be there to get it in person!!!

Although the weather was rainy, Spencer still attempted to get a kite in the air. He didn't really get one going, but some others did. We Harts can get a kite in the air in any kind of weather! The rain didn't stop the kids from having their usual water fight. This is what our frozen boy looked like before changing into a dry sweatshirt ... drenched and cold!!!



On Sunday afternoon we took my Dad for his first letterboxing trip at Starved Rock State Park. There were around five letterboxes hidden in this area and we only found one. It was very frustrating. We won't ruin the surprise for any of you fellow letterboxers, but a hiding place can be seen in the picture below. How could we not get Dad's first letterbox on camera? We're hoping this first bummer of a trip won't make him not want to go again!



As usual we stayed at my wonderful Aunt Judy (my mom's sister) and Uncle Ed's home, crashing on floors and sofas for the weekend. It's a beautiful time when we're all together - and it usually only happens over Memorial Day weekend. Thank you, Aunt & Uncle, for allowing your "favorite" neice to stay at your terrific bed and breakfast! Hopefully we'll have Malia with us next year!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great memories.
Family get togethers are so important for little ones. They get so see people that can give them insight into their family from years gone by. I still remember our Wagoner family reunions. Susan, Diane, Jane and I had one of the closest relationships I think any 4 cousins could have ever had. It lasted well into our teen years. Of course after marriage we all got busy with our own family memories.
Good thing you told us who the wet one was. I thought it was a drowned rat. I would love to see Spencer with it all. I can see him laughing the whole time.
Keep up the good work. I love your Blogs.
Hugs and kisses sent your way

With Love and Devotion