On Friday night I had two free hours, so I met up with Rick and Malia, Rick's parents, and his sister and Luke to hang out, have dinner and wander around.
The dynamic duo once again ...
After we ate supper, we headed to look at animals. I love how Luke has his arm around Malia's shoulders - although I'm not sure if he really had a choice since this isn't exactly a double stroller.

Then we headed to the carnival portion of the fairgrounds. Malia LOVES the duck game and was happy to take PaPa Tom's dollar to play a round.
Malia reluctantly chose a rubber ducky as her prize. If she'd had her way - and I mean this honestly - she would have chosen one of the game piece ducks.
Since we were in the carnival area that is filled with rides, Luke really wanted to go on some. Although I wasn't thrilled with the idea, we spent $15 for an armband for Malia. Why was I not thrilled? Because as I looked around at all the rides, they were ones that require a child to STAY SEATED! Malia doesn't do "stay seated" very well. Here she is getting it put on her wrist.
Her first ride was this easy-going, slow-paced choo choo train. She's the one in the yellow car at the very left end.
It was on this ride that a mother's worst fear came true. Who was that mother? ME! After two and a half times going around the track Malia decided she was done with this ride and wanted off. She slipped out from underneath the sorry excuse for a restraint, stood up and started to head towards the exit! I had to get the guy in charge of the ride - who wasn't paying attention - to stop the train. As I look back on the situation, I realize I should have chosen not to let her ride in the first place. The girl needs tightly strapped in at this point in her young life - she just doesn't understand the dangers. Once again, I'm thankful to her guardian angel for keeping her safe!
After that, we let her play on a climbing obstacle course (I don't really know what else to call it). I would have been content to let her stay on this thing the rest of the night. They'd go through the punching bags.....
Up a net ladder to a platform.....
And down a slide.....
Unfortunately, there came a time when we needed to move on. The kids wanted to go on this cagey-ferris wheel type ride. I was okay with it since they were "caged in," but was secretly praying that the latch would hold!
Thank goodness it did hold, because the kids kept switching seats!
I was very happy when the ride ended and was ready to call it a night as far as the rides went. I held my ground when they wanted to ride the cars/motorcycles that went around in a circle. I let Malia get into a car with Luke, watching very closely how tight the restraint got. Once I saw how loosely it laid across her lap and was informed by the lady in charge that it wouldn't get any tighter, I took her off.
It was then time for me to head back to the Hesychia House booth. Rick said they were going to call it a night, but later I found out he let her go on the big air shark slide that Luke loves. I'm really glad I didn't have to witness this event, and am even more glad that Malia stayed safe while on it - twice!
Here is Luke helping her up.....
And here she is sliding down.....
Rick figured he'd take some pictures so I'd believe she went on it. Oh, this dare-devil child of mine!
Spencer was hanging out with friends, which is why he isn't in any of these pictures. Didn't want anyone to think we'd neglected him!




No comments:
Post a Comment