Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WE'VE HAD A SICK GIRL

We've had a sick girl in the house. However, I must admit I'm praising God that this is really the first time she's been sick since joining our family. The fever officially began this past Friday; however, I thought she'd felt slightly warm on Wednesday and Thursday. But, it wasn't until Friday that I actually took her temperature.

Why is it that kids always get sick on Friday right as the doctor's office is closing for the weekends? Oh, the many conundrums of parenthood. Anyway, we dealt with the comings and goings of a fever over the weekend and planned to call the doctor first thing Monday.

Here are pics of our little patient. Please note that we had a very busy weekend and Rick happened to be the person dressing her. If you know him at all, you know that he's not overly particular about matching tops and bottoms. Anyway, in the first photo Malia had crawled into Rick's lap and fallen asleep, although she doesn't look overly comfortable.


Rick snapped the following photos while I was gone from the house. Notice the Steelers bear she's sleeping with. I would NEVER have put that by her.


And one last photo by Daddy.


So we called the doctor Monday, but they didn't know of any illness that only had a fever as a symptom. We scheduled an appointment for Tuesday morning, hoping by then the fever would be gone and we'd be able to cancel. However, she woke up that afternoon with a rash all over her torso. So, we kept Tuesday's appointment and were told by her pediatrician that she had a viral infection. And, today she's pretty much back to normal.

These types of moments make us all the more thankful for our overall good health. It makes me appreciate being able to have normal days with a routine, rather than dealing with hospital admissions and surgeries like many families are forced to deal with on a regular basis. We thank God for His gracious blessings.

No comments: