Sweet Malia,
Today, my precious daughter, you turn 21 months old. You are growing up much too quickly for my liking and will turn two before I'm ready for it to happen. A year ago today I was anxiously waiting for our travel plans to come together so I could travel half way around the world to meet you. And here we are today - a family! What a true blessing you are, Malia!
Today, my precious daughter, you turn 21 months old. You are growing up much too quickly for my liking and will turn two before I'm ready for it to happen. A year ago today I was anxiously waiting for our travel plans to come together so I could travel half way around the world to meet you. And here we are today - a family! What a true blessing you are, Malia!
It is so fun to watch you grow and see how much you change and learn each month. You are picking up new words and can say well over 50! Our newest favorite to hear you say is "yellow." You say it very well ... and really cute. Daddy got video of you saying it the other day so we can remember it always.
You are still so energetic and love to explore new places. I love that you don't shy away from new environments, but rather feel free to let your curiosity move you. However, this can also be exhausting for your parents!
I also love the way you seem to love your family. Thank you for letting me cuddle with you throughout the day and shower you with hugs and kisses galore. I so enjoy watching you play with your Daddy and love that he has a knack at making you giggle. And it makes my heart smile to watch your face brighten as you see your brother coming home from school, and how you yell, "ge ge!" to welcome him home.
You have an ornery side, too. You love to get back into my scrapbook corner, even though I immediately escort you out each time you are caught. You tend to play with your milk cups in such a way that you can make the no-leak spout leak through the straw hole. You are always drawn to the kitty litter box each time you enter into the laundry room. And speaking of the kitty, you still love to tackle him any chance you get. You love to pull all diapers and wipes from your dresser and even tear the wipes into tiny pieces. And, of course, there are the occasional tantrums.
But we love you so very much and thank God every day for allowing us the privilege and honor of being your parents. What a gift it is to walk beside you in this journey of life.
All my love, little one,
Mommy




2 comments:
Such a big girl..well, not really but it seems that way. LOVE the update. She is so beautiful.
awww...happy 21 months! Glad she is feeling better--it's no fun to have sick little ones!!
Post a Comment