Wednesday, September 2, 2009

OUR FIRST REFERRAL DAY ANNIVERSARY!

A year ago today we were anxiously awaiting news from our adoption agency on whether or not we'd officially made the cut-off for the latest referral batch from the CCAA. Instead, we received "The Call"!!! Click on the following links to read more about that day:




I've had such a blessed time reading back through these posts and reliving the inexplicable joy of our long awaited Referral Day. It honestly doesn't seem like a year ago. It really doesn't! And just reminiscing on that day I'm almost as emotional as I was that day. God has shown His hand in our lives so clearly in our adoption journey. We are so thankful that He ordained us to be the parents of Malia, a little girl born in China and brought to her new home halfway around the world to be a part of our family. There are no words to adequately describe this miracle and how thankful we are to our amazing God for orchestrating this unbelievable gift in our lives!

And in the midst of our celebration of this special anniversary, we are also gearing up to celebrate the long awaited referral of Chloe! Our friends, Brian & Tonya, and their son, Isaac, are awaiting word on whether or not they will be included in this month's batch of referrals! We are so excited for them and cannot wait for them to experience what we did one year ago.

Adoption .... is truly a miracle!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

The picture is beautiful !

...carrie... said...

I LOVE this picture!!!!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Happy Referral Day anniversary! I love how you worded everything--there truly are not words to describe, but you did a fantastic job! Adoption is a miracle I pray more will embrace!!!