Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SHE'S HERE!!!

After an agonizing day of no news from our agency, we received "The Call" today at 2:21 p.m. from our Social Worker, Rebecca, introducing us to our daughter! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY OUR TURN TO TYPE THOSE WORDS! Can I just say that I was so unprepared emotionally to receive "The Call" today. I was expecting to hear confirmation about the cutoff date today, but not hear about our referral! I'm so overwhelmed with emotion that I find myself bursting into a full-out cry without warning. It's an inexplicable feeling!

Okay, on to the good stuff...

NAME: Zhuang Lu Shuo (first name Lu, last name Zhuang)
DOB: December 17, 2007
RESIDENCE: Social Welfare Institute of Yifeng County (orphanage)
PROVINCE: Jiangxi

Her medical and daily living reports aren't translated yet so we don't know her height and weight or her temperament. Our agency has scanned all the paperwork to the Beijing office to be translated. We'll get the info later this week.

Our agency received a few pictures of her and will be overnighting them to us. WE'LL SEE HER PRECIOUS FACE TOMORROW!!! (Okay, crying again!) Rick, Spencer and I will be on a stake out for the UPS truck until its arrival! We'll post her picture as soon as we get the chance.

Just an FYI: Some time ago we had a little competition to see who could correctly guess the province Malia would be from and guess what? Her Daddy knew! Yep, Rick picked Jiangxi Province!

27 comments:

the drakes said...

Oh, yea!!!!!! I've been checking the blog all day!!! Congratulations!!!!! We're so happy for you and can't wait to see her picture! God is so good!!!!!

Michelle said...

I'm so excited for you guys. What a great family Malia is getting. Can't wait to the pictures and better yet Malia herself.

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Worth the wait, isn't it? All that long agonizing wait is not almost over. In a few weeks, she will forever be in YOUR arms!!! Rejoicing with you!!

a little leprechaun said...

Congratulations!! Can not wait to see her picture!!

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

YEAH!!! I've been checking every 30 minutes!! How exciting, can't wait to see her picture. What an answer to prayer!!!

...carrie... said...

PRAISE GOD!!! Oh this is so wonderful and I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see her!!!!!! PS - you made me cry! :) A good and happy and so excited for you cry!!

Susan said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Finally, your baby! I'm so excited for you and your family!!! Please post pix as soon as you can.

Feb 2006 babies!!! I can't believe it!

susan (ladeeesquire) 2/13/06

Nina said...

Jen, CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't wait to see her face!!
How exciting that this day has finally arrived :)

Nina (from RQ)

Cindy said...

Finally......I can't wait to see her picture. Both Gma's are gonna be higher than a kite!
We are so happy for all three of you.
We love each of you so much. How appropriate....Labor Day news!
Much Love
Mama Mia

The Smiths said...

Alright, congratulations!!! This is such exciting news, we're so happy for you guys and can't wait to see her picture too.

LaLa said...

YAY>>>>YAY>>>>>

So happy for you!!! Jiangxi is always a good guess..I think CHI gets a lot from there. I remember waiting for those pics since CHI doesn't email them...I begged!! We did receive a grainy fax and wish we hadn't...not cute LOL

Have fun tomorrow seeing her for the first time : )

Anonymous said...

So excited and happy for you guys!! You are sooo deserving. What a blessing to finally see Malia's precious face. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys!! I have been praying all day that you would get your answer and you DID!!! We can't wait to see her picture!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so excited for all of you! I thought it would be a few more days. I can't wait to see her picture. I'll bet you won't sleep a wink tonight.

Debbie Reahard

a little leprechaun said...

I can not wait to see her picture!! And I can't wait to get our 'sling' pictures IN CHINA!!! yYYYeeeeaaaahhhhhhh!!!! :-)
Big Hugs!!
Terri

Anonymous said...

Praise God! You have been waiting for so long! I can't wait to see the pictures! What an amazing, loving family Malia is getting! I am so happy for you all!

Me said...

Jen ~ This is the most wonderful news!!! Blessings to you & your family from us!
All my joy & love to you!
Nikki

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Congratulations!

Julie said...

You will love Jiangxi. We adopted our daughter from there in 2005 and it was everything we imagined it would be.

Congratulations. Enjoy every moment.

AmyO said...

Congratulations - I hope you get her pictures today!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

ohhhh, i'm checking ever 1/2 hour or so for a picture!! usually UPS doesn't deliver here until afternoon, i hope you get it soon!!!

Research-China.Org said...

Congratulations on your Jiangxi referral! When you are ready to get her finding ad (with a photo of her months younger than her referral photos!) come visit us at www.research-china.org.

Have a speedy trip!

Brian

Anonymous said...

O my gosh.......I started to cry myself when I read this.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited to see her face.

With God's Love,
Rikki

Erika Lynn said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!

comingaroundagain said...

Congratulations!! She is the cutest thing!

Her birthday! So perfect ;-) it's the same as our baby girl (Hunan province; we are leaving 9/8/08 for China)!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You don't know me, but I saw your referral on RQ. Our daughter is from Jiangxi. Gotcha day was 4 months ago today. The excitement you are feeling is wonderful and the time will go by fast. Soon you will be holding your daughter forever!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you!!! We can not wait hold her!! We can't wait to see her in your arms!! She is sooooooooooo cute!! Her lips look just so kissable! God is so Good!! Now bring on March!!! We are so ready to see our little ones face!!