Today, Rick surprised me by taking a half day off work. He thought I'd be feeling lonely since Spencer is away this week at National BYIC Youth Convention. I was putting Malia down for a nap and when I walked out of her room I saw a guy sitting on our kitchen counter - 'bout scared me to death! Anyway, since he was home early, after Malia's nap we headed to the elementary school so Malia could play on the playground. The fun thing about our schools is that there is a woods that connects the elementary and jr/sr high schools.
Here we are at the bridge ...
Here we are at the bridge ...

And now passing over the bridge ...

Malia saying, "Hurry up and take the picture, Mommy! I've got a playground to cover!"

"Look at this monster of a jungle gym! Woohoo! Let me at it!"

"I love you, Daddy!"

"Watch out, Mommy! I'm comin' over for a picture with you!"

"Say "cheeeeeeese", Mommy!"

"Daddy suggested the monkey bars - 'cause he thinks I'm a monkey - but I wasn't really in the mood, so I let go. Good thing Daddy was there to catch me!"

"So, Mommy and Daddy suggested we take a little trip over to the balance beam area. People keep telling them I might be a gymnast some day because of my long toes that can wrap around a balance beam. Well, that and the fact that I'm such a daredevil and am so flexible I can put my big toe in my ear. Anyway, here I am sitting on the balance beam because I wasn't so sure I wanted to go across it. Don't I look really cute in this picture?!"

"Makin' it ... but only with Daddy's help. See why I love him so much?"

"I really had fun on the merry-go-round. Whoever invented this thing is pure genious!"
"So, Daddy, tell me how things are going with you ..."
I finally decided to go outside the box and take a couple pictures in sepia. It's been so long since I've used this setting, but I finally figured it out.

The yellow circle marks the spot."I'm getting kind of tired. Do you think we could go home and eat some supper?"




1 comment:
Love the poses with Mommy and Daddy! So cute!!!
Post a Comment