We were told to come to the second floor of the hotel to look over paperwork.
After checking things over we heard a commotion in the hallway and I remember hearing someone say, "The babies are here!" That's the first moment I remember getting teary and had to work to get a grip. Didn't want to be an emotional wreck when meeting my daughter! Then we saw babies and nannies crowding into the doorway. The long awaited moment seemed so surreal.
Here are a few pictures of these precious first moments together!




It took me several minutes before I realized I had yet to give Daddy a chance to hold his new baby girl! It was hard to let her go from my arms.
Spencer's long awaited sister finally in his arms!




Then we headed back up to our room to get acquainted with one another. Malia seemed to be flooded with different emotions. She'd be smiling one minute, crying another, and at other times she seemed to be trying to take it all in and make sense of what was going on. 






A FAMILY AT LAST!
Thinking back on these last six months is amazing. It truly seems like we've had Malia her entire life. She has accepted us as her family - wacky as we are! - and seems so comfortable in her surroundings. She's grown so much and is changing so fast! She smiles a lot, but isn't afraid to show her cranky side.
I often wonder how she would be different if she were still back in China, whether in an orphanage or foster home. Would she be so loving? So smiley? So confident? We'll never know. Instead, we are thankful to our amazing God for giving us the chance to be a family. For forever.




3 comments:
Oh, I remember all of that! I'm so fortunate to be able to say that and I thank you both very much for including "the grandmas" as we became known as. Wow, 6 month! It seems Malia has been in the family for longer than that. She seems to be adjusting well and settling right into the mix. I too have wondered what her life would be like, but then remember that God's plan was for her life to be with your family. He is so right!
Love & hugs,
Mom
What sweet memories!! I have tears flowing down my face right now!! It seems like you've had her so much longer than six months--that is part of the miracle of adoption :) God's perfect plan, he made her part of you!!! It's amazing and we are so thankful you have her and that together you are all a forever family!!
Praise God for His plans for our lives. His placing Malia in our family is perfect in His eyes. We can all be so thankful to our Father in Heaven for His Gracious Love.
I remember taking the 'first' family picture. Malia (as you know) is so much a part of our family. I cant believe how I keep forgetting that at one point she wasnt.
Her life would have been different, but God in His infinite Wisdom, has a greater plan for her life than being in China.
She is precious, and loved much.
Seeing the pictures again brings back so many memories. The Grandma's and their problems,but the ultimate joy was seeing Malia for the first time, and welcoming her into our family
Cindy
Post a Comment