Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MALIA'S FIRST SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT

Today we were invited to come and talk with my nephew's elementary class. What a joy to be able to share bits and pieces about our journey to China to get Malia. The kids were very attentive and seemed to enjoy the things I brought to show them, which included chopsticks, pieces of China, yuan, clothing, a painting literally done by hand (the artist used ink and his hands - no brushes or writing utensils), pictures, a flag, and little cards with phrases written in Chinese and English. The kids were able to ask questions and my favorite was whether or not China has dojo's. I told the little boy that we didn't see any, but I bet they do. What a crack up!

I feel like I know so little about China and the Chinese culture, but I'm so thankful for the little things I do know. I think we'll love to learn with Malia as we go along in life. I do know Rick and I really miss Nanchang. What a beautiful place to have spent a week.


Thank you to Big K and his class for inviting us to come talk with you!

No comments: