Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY - CELEBRATING LOVE

Since we had plans today that would take us out of the house, Rick and I made a candle-lit breakfast for Spencer and Malia (rather than a candle-lit dinner). We fixed a big breakfast and decorated the table with tealight candles, valentine candy and home-made valentine cards.



I made the pancakes into heart shapes. I tried making them pink with food coloring, but accidently chose the yellow coloring to begin with. Duh! After adding some red food coloring, we ended up with orange-ish/peach-ish colored pancakes. So I put some red sprinkles on them as well.

Making Valentine's Day special for the kids is so important to Rick and me, and we had fun doing it again this year. Rick's parents also came over this morning during breakfast to deliver special Valentine gifts to the kids, including heart-shaped balloons.

Happy Valentine's Day from our family to yours!

3 comments:

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Cute pancakes!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

Rina said...

Jen,
Of course your pancakes look like hearts..mine came our looking like boobs..My boys didnt want to say anything but their laughter said it all. I simply cant win!...i finally had some time today to read your blog and I am so in love with your family.

I will continue to follow along..so keep posting..I am now reading..

Rina
www.shpiruk.blogspot.com

a little leprechaun said...

What a fun idea!!