Friday, November 14, 2008

US CONSULATE & RED COUCH PHOTOS

Well, not much happened yesterday. We stayed in our rooms from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. while our CHI representatives attended our Consulate appointment for us and the other families. No phone calls during that timeframe meant good news - there weren't any questions or concerns.

In the afternoon we headed to a nearby park that had a man-made lake. The scenery was beautiful, of course ...



Except for Malia's pants since she just wanted to sit and play ...



Spencer and the other siblings went on paddle boat rides and had a blast ...

We also had fun watching the locals play ping pong ...

Afterwards we were back at the hotel for the evening. This morning we headed back to Sheiman Island for our last round of shopping. Rick developed a curious twitch while we were there. Not sure what that's all about. ???

Here's Miss M walking through the lobby to fetch a taxi ...



Before shopping we took some time to do our Red Couch photos. Since we weren't staying at the White Swan, our big group obviously didn't do a group photo. But, we weren't going to miss the opportunity to do some family shots.







This afternoon we headed to the US Consulate for the oath ceremony. I've heard it's not a big deal and it's not. Basically the Consulate representative has us raise our right hand and swear that the information we've given to the US Government is the truth and we say, "I do." There were 46 families in attendance and we all said our "I do's" together. But the significance is that once Malia's feet touch American soil, she will legally become a US citizen! Yeah!

Our trip has been wonderful and amazing. We've had so many opportunities to experience China and their culture. We've met kind and friendly people. We've tasted delicious foods (except the meal when I found a beetle amongst my noodles). We've seen the most beautiful landscapes and architecture. We've made bonds with families from all over the United States. We've made family memories that will last a lifetime. And, most importantly, we've been united with our Malia!

And now, it is time to come home! And we are so ready! We thank you in advance for your prayers that will lead us safely home. So for now, we say good bye from China!

9 comments:

Watalulu said...

I am so excited for you. We will certainly keep you in our prayers.

Watalulu said...

The weather here is cloudy, rainy, and in the fifties. I think it may be cooler though when you finally get home. I heard on the news something about snow, but not sure when that is supposed to happen.
Lou

LaLa said...

Oh, I love that last shot and your red couch photos of course : ) Safe travels home !!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

I love that last picture of Malia with the flag! Priceless!! Make sure you bundle up when you get off the plane in Ft. Wayne--the tempuratures are to drop all day Saturday and possible snow by evening! Welcome to Indiana, Malia!!!

We will pray for safe travels and restful kids on the plane!!

My life....Ruled by BOYS!! said...

Malia is adorable in her dress, and I LOVE the shoes!!!!! The last picture is priceless. Have a safe trip home, I'm sure everyone in Indiana is biting at the bit to meet little Malia, and of course see you all too :-) Hopefully I'll see you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures of Malia. Have a great return home....can't wait to see you together.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you! However many of you we get to see here in Indy! Sure wish you were flying in here, but I certainly understand why you're not. I'll try not to mob you sweet little girl so I won't scare her, but maybe when she sees me hug her mama and how much I love her, I'll be ok.
Love you!
Kristin

...carrie... said...

Hope you had a safe trip home. Can't wait for your next update!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

How are you doing? Do you have jet lag really bad? How's Malia adjusting to home? We are praying for you!!!