Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS

* First, and most importantly, we received an email from our agency (CHI) today with an update on our Yifeng babies. One of the CHI staff in Beijing sent the following information to our social worker: "...the director from Yifeng orphanage called yesterday that they have done giving all the children a urine analysis and a ultrasound scan, and it turned out that they are all ok." Praise the Lord ... again!

* Okay, I'm having some serious packing issues. It has nothing to do with clothing, and everything to do with the resrtictions on liquids. In the travel preparation information we received Monday it says that China does not allow any liquids in checked luggage, they must all be in the carry-on. In the US, we are only allowed the 3 oz bottles in the quart-size baggie in our carry-on. Obviously the people making these regulations have no regard for my morning and evening routines that require lots of liquid products, not to mention I'll be needing them for two weeks! My solution: I've already made arrangements to steal space in Rick and Spencer's baggies ... sshhh, don't tell!

* It has been a very long time since we've had diapers in our home! But, I am so ready to use them! (Well, not me personally ... on Malia.)

* I've realized the need to once again start doing sit-ups and push-ups regularly to prepare for carrying around a little one. Why is it so much easier and faster to get out of shape than it is to get in shape?

* I love being in Malia's room, sitting in the rocking chair praying and dreaming about what it will be like with her in our family. I feel so blessed to be on this journey!

* It dawned on me today that the age difference between Spencer and Malia will have Spencer starting college before Malia starts Kindergarten. Hmmmmm.

* There are way too many baby formulas to choose from.

8 comments:

Winter said...

Well first off Spencer is young what can he need in the liquid dept. Next do the sit-ups in Malia's room...oh I left out that it won't be long before its ohhh...another diaper change! And lastly is that it really is the smart thing regarding college (spread it out and it won't hurt so much)!! And in all seriousness Nestle' brand formula is good and you can sign up for really good coupons and the wal-mart brand is not too bad granted Rachel doesn't get alot of formula but she doesn't mind either one. Also praise the Lord on the good test results for all the babies...I'm praying daily for your patience and Malia's health.

...carrie... said...

Random Thoughts from Carrie:

*We are doing cloth diapers this time and so excited. No, we are NOT weird. You might think about it though. Let me know if you want my wealth of knowledge. :)

*For the couple months Lorelai was on formula before she turned one we used the WalMart brand formula. Worked for us just fine.

*I can't wait to meet Malia!!! Are you gonna have a party? Although I will be overly pregnant when she gets home...hehe

a little leprechaun said...

I sit in Kathryn's room in her glider too!! Just brings me peace. I also can survey all the suitcases/packing going on. ;-) Thank you again for the update on the babies. Greatly appreciated!

Nina said...

I know what you mean about the age difference. Ariel will be in college when Kavanna is still in preschool!

I did some research and chose Nestle Good Start formula. Apparently it's easy on digestion and is close to what most babies in China are accustomed to, but honestly I'm not sure how much difference it really makes!

Now, come on TAs and CAs!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

We used Nestle Good Start, then had to switch to the low iron version and even had to special order for a while due to acid reflux, but the Nestle Good Start was what the orphanage in Taiwan used in combination with a generic form. It's a good formula and you can go to their website and fill in a survey or send a comment to them and they will start sending you rebate checks and coupons for it!! Maybe even a free can in the mail.

the drakes said...

If you want to practice holding a squirmy baby, Cooper is your boy! He's all yours on Sunday morning and you WILL get a workout! :)

a little leprechaun said...

Hey Jen! I couldn't find the pictures from last year's Halloween?? What am I doing wrong?? Also, did you see RQ?? There are 2 packages in the air. They think one is referral's and one is TA's!!! Yyyiiippppeeee!!!

Sarah said...

Just checking on your family today. Hope the TA is in the air and arrives soon!