Monday, August 18, 2008

JUST A POST

Well, I'm sure some are glad to have a new post to get the "dirty underwear" off the top of the page (hehehe). Just a side note, though, you can seriously purchase the "brief safe" for $11.00 by going to this website. Is that not hilarious?!? But seriously ... who would consider touching those things?!?

On a different subject ... we received the draft for our home study update today. It should be getting notarized tomorrow and then copies sent to us via mail. We'll then have to fill out the paperwork to reapply for our citizenship and immigration status (a.k.a. the I-600 A form) to send to the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Service) with the update. We're so thankful right now that, although we have to pay for the home study update, we do not have to pay for the refiling of the I-600 A ... which is very costly ... because we are eligible to use the one-time free extension that we barely missed being able to use last time. Once we are approved (for the third time) this paper will be valid for yet another 18 months.

In the mean time, I have been following three blogs of families in China right now who are getting their daughters. One in particular has me laughing out loud almost every time I read it. And then there is the added bonus of a blogger friend who just received their referral from Vietnam just in the knick of time (as Vietnam will most likely be ceasing adoptions with the US next month). And then also a church friend who just told me tonight that she has a home study scheduled for next month for their domestic adoption. I'm so thankful (and so very excited!) for these distractions as we wait to see what next month's batch holds. We're still expecting an October referral. But you could say a prayer for a referral next month ... I wouldn't get mad at you for that :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

September referral, September referral, September referral....
please! The sooner I see you holding Malia, the better. Our prayers are for a September referral. God, are you listening? Please!
Love you all very, very much!
Mom R (and of course Dad R)

LaLa said...

Send the linky to the funny one in China...I love following along. I can't wait to follow along with you too!!!

thanks for the congrats for our referral...man, we really cut it close didn't we?