Sunday, July 27, 2008

JUST A QUICK POST

I so wish I had the afternoon to post everything I want to, but there isn't time today. So real quickly ...

FIRST: The Hog & Corn Roast was AWESOME!!! Thank you to everyone who made this event all that God intended. We have been blessed in such great and mighty ways, and for that we are so very grateful! I'll try to post some pictures when I get back.

SECONDLY: I got on Rumor Queen and saw her most recent post which states one agency is rumored as saying this next batch of referrals will not be mailed until after the Olympics. I guess we just wait and see how this one plays out. Hopefully they are way off mark.

LASTLY: Spence and I are off for BYIC Convention in North Carolina. We would appreciate prayers for safety as we travel with our group. Since I will be gone, Rick will be in charge of posts for this coming week. I've already told him I'll be calling every hour for an RQ update! Hopefully he'll make time to fill you all in, too.

Be back in a week!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Rick, you have to keep this blog up to the standards that it has established.
Love ya
Mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome is definitely the word to use for the Hog Roast! To see how many people were there to help with the shucking of the corn (around 700 - 800 ears), cleaning it, cooking it, dipping it in butter, rolling it in foil and placing in a cooler, touched my heart like nothing else. What seemed like a very time consuming job, took no time at all. Rick & Jen's parents were there to pitch in as well as a few other parents of our church family.

The really awesome part was the bonding and smiles and good time you could see that everyone was having. The only one not smiling was the poor pig we had in the Pig Kissing Booth. Let me tell you, he was not one bit happy with the part he was playing, but he helped us raise almost $300!

Since it was a freewill donation, we could only keep track of the number of people we served by counting the plates we used, which was around 380 and we raised a little over $3,000 to give them. I was so blessed to hand them the check during our church service yesterday!

To God be the glory for providing us with such a wonderful day. The weather was perfect, everything ran smoothly without a hitch, and our church served not only Rick and Jennifer, but also was a beacon for our community. It brings tears to my eyes to look back and see how God worked everything out to the very end.

Thanks to all who contributed to this event in any way!

And yes, Rick, keep us posted on any news this week. I don't know how Jennifer can stand to be away from the computer, but I know God is blessing her where she is, and he will give her a peace and lift her spirits to a new level, simply because she is being obedient to his calling. And this could very well be your last peaceful week at home before a toddler moves in...we hope God is renewing your spirit as well.

My thoughts were on Malia so much Saturday. I just kept thinking "if this little girl only knew what was going on for her this day...". I know she will see pictures down the road and come to understand just how much she was loved before we even knew her, not only by her immediate family, but by a whole community. It's time to bring her home!!

Anonymous said...

Just have to post again!!! I would have emailed Jen with this information instead of writing on here, but since she is gone and can't be reached, I'm putting it here.

Are there storks in Indiana??? I could have sworn I saw one flying past my window last night!!! It wa a big bird with long legs and my thought after seeing it was "that bird sure had long legs, it almost looked like a stork" and then I immediately thought back to what I said in church Sunday, telling the congregation that finally, the stork could very well be in the air in the next week or two and Rick and Jen could finally see the face of their little girl!! I was so excited and wanted to call Rick, but thought he would think I was a crazy lady, so I didn't.

The first thing I did this morning was to check the RQ site and the rumors are they are matching now!! Can it be that Malia is finally going to make her appearance??? I'm praying like crazy that it's so.....

Please God, let their wait be over and let their packing begin!!

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Amen to that, Shoegirl!!!!!

Dana said...

Jennifer and Rick, Hello! I got on your blog from CHI, we are in Illinois. We are waiting for our SCL on a waiting child, hopfully it will come in the next batch also!! We could travel together??I don't know whats worse, knowing who your child is since last Oct. and not being able to go get her, or not knowing for all this time!!
Check out our blog if you like!! Dana & Rick!!