Monday, June 23, 2008

SO I GOT A CALL FROM OUR AGENCY TODAY...

Our agency's social worker called today about our I600 form, which is the expensive piece of paper that states the US government will allow Malia to become a citizen. This is the paperwork I spoke of in the post below ... you know, the one I was hoping to NOT have to redo? Even though we are able to use a one-time free extension to avoid the expensive fee, we will still have to pay for the home study update and physicals and state background checks - for the third time.

Anyway, she speculates we'll get our referral in September and travel in November, which would be past the October 9th expiration date. Of course, this is all speculation and no one knows for sure when our referral will arrive, but as the saying goes, "it's better to be safe than sorry." We'd much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. So, we'll once again begin the process of updating our home study. But, it should be the last time ... right?

1 comment:

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Shall we get our hopes up for a Thanksgiving like none other??? Oh, I hope so!!!!! It's getting closer...hang on. We'll pray for a HUGE money making sale this weekend!!!!!!! Hang in there.