Sunday, May 18, 2008

MORE FROM MELODY'S BLOG

Here's a recent post from Melody's blog. I just love going to her site every day to see where she is, who she's met, and what she's done. Her efforts and heart for the children of China truly touches me to the core.

MAY 18TH: Earthquake Orphans

"Today, I went back to Deyang orphanage with two of our team members to deliver more supplies. It has been in my heart since we came on the 14th, to help take care of the Sichuan orphans. And this wish finally become true. Today, I found this one month little baby girl with a deformity of foot and hand. We know she needs some correctable surgery and asked the director. She said they are so busy now and they had to wait on this. So I asked if we can take her back to Beijing with us and help her to get the surgery and rehabilitation there. Since I was turned down for two other children yesterday, I was so surprised when the director said, yes, but only if we sign a foster care agreement first. Our two volunteer moms were so delighted to hear that and Lily held little Xiao Qin in her arm the whole way back to Chengdu. In the car, we looked at the baby, and she turned prettier and prettier in our eyes. We heard from three area orphanage directors that they will soon receive earth quake orphans 20-40 each. There are many Chinese families requesting to adopt earth quake orphans lately, the provincial Civil Affairs office announced two days ago, that this is the time period for families’ reunification and not adoption. And they prefer to keep those children in the area so the families can find them easier. Our hope is if we can help take some of the orphans back to Beijing before those children arrive the orphanage, we will take some load off of the workers there. I am so glad we are able to start with little Min Xiao Qin."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any photo's of the older kids in the other crib? Our son is there and we're hoping to see a photo of him to help us with our worries. Thank you,
Stephanie