Tuesday, May 6, 2008

IRONY

Something dawned on me tonight. A couple hours ago I got home from our first volunteer meeting for this year's VBS. We're doing my favorite VBS again this year ... Jerusalem Marketplace. It's so much fun! We did this same one three summer's ago and since then all other VBS's have seemed to pale in comparison. But, I digress ...

Here's what hit me just a few minutes ago ... the last time I was preparing for this particular VBS, Rick and I had made the decision to adopt and chosen our adoption agency, but were waiting until after VBS to begin the paperchase. This VBS was so different than anything I'd done before and I remember not wanting the stress of the paperchase to distract me. So, we put off beginning our adoption process a few weeks until after VBS. So, I guess we're about to come full circle in some regards.

Okay, now I'm going to shift gears a little. I visited the Rumor Queen website tonight and found some interesting information posted. She states that the number of referrals for this most recent batch was actually larger than last months in terms of how many referrals were made. So, even though fewer LIDs were included, there were more referrals made. (Remember there can be any number of dossiers logged in on any given day.) She makes this conclusion based on her own poll results.

And, that's not all. Her predictions for the next referral batch has the Horrid Case scenario including LIDs through January 23rd! I guess that's the difference when you track how many referrals are included in each batch rather than just the number of LIDs included in each batch. However, I'm mathematically challenged, so this type of tracking does NOT come easy to me. Let me repeat ... I am very mathematically challenged! RQ's Horrid Case predictions has us getting our referral in August and her Bad Case scenario predicts July. It all seems a little too optimistic to me so I'll be looking more at the late September referral speculated by the China Adoption Forecast website. But let me just remind you that I am mathematically challenged! If you'd like to look at her numbers and make your own conclusion you can visit RQ's website here and go to the May 6th "Projections" post.

I also want to take this opportunity to again thank everyone who is praying us through this journey - your prayers are felt!!! To everyone who signed up for a day to pray for Malia and our adoption journey at the surprise shower - Thank You!! I even had two incredible women come pray with me today at the office. Prayer is powerful and it is comforting to know that you are willing to lift us in prayer to help us through this wait. You are incredible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I looked on RQ's website and am more confused. See me scratching my head? What year(s) is she showing, what's the difference in colors, and what does horrid mean if not terrible of the worst? Any way you look at it, we're praying Malia is united with her loving family this year! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Love & hugs,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, I looked on RQ's website and am more confused. See me scratching my head? What year(s) is she showing, what's the difference in colors, and what does horrid mean if not terrible or the worst? Any way you look at it, we're praying Malia is united with her loving family this year! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Love & hugs,
Mom