Friday, February 1, 2008

FINALLY ...

a glimmer of excitement! Referrals are rumored to be on the way and include December 27, 2005 LIDs. Rumors don't say what the exact cutoff date is, but should at least include through the 27th. That makes at least 8 days referred in this referral batch! Yes, I know it's pathetic to get excited over a mere 8 days, but allow me to put things in perspective ... in the last ten months there's only been one batch at 8 days and the rest had fewer days. So, 8 days is definitely good. Unfortunately, since we've hit the weekend and the CCAA hasn't updated their website with the cutoff date, we'll probably have to wait until Monday or so to learn this info.

Why the glimmer of excitement? With at least 8 days referred in this batch, it makes it more of a possibility that we'll travel to China this year to bring Malia home (see possible timeline in previous post) - depending on how the Olympics affect things, of course. We're crossing our fingers and sending up prayers that 2008 will be the year we bring her home to us.

This week's spiritual lesson: My lesson on patience has progressed into a lesson on perseverance. And it sure ain't easy!!!

2 comments:

LaLa said...

I know...so exciting!!! I hope 2008 is the year for both of us : )

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

Woo-hoo!!!! I am going to be happy for 8, but holding out for 10!!! :)